Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 11:56:33 PM

Author Topic: Mach 4 and 5 Axis CNC  (Read 3993 times)

Re: Mach 4 and 5 Axis CNC
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2020, 07:58:24 PM »
Hi,

Was just wondering if there was a MB3 equivalent breakout board?

to my knowledge no. The C25 ($30.00) has two ports but it has no opto-isolators or differential outputs etc.
You are effectively required to add a handful of electronic components to make the C25 truly useful
whereas all of that development work and circuitry is included with the MB3. As I posted earlier
the MB3 is the 'lowest risk' solution.

The price difference between the C25 and MB3 is $150, less than half the cost of just one servo....penny pinching
on a breakout board seems ill advised.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
Re: Mach 4 and 5 Axis CNC
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2020, 09:13:42 PM »
Hi,

Was just wondering if there was a MB3 equivalent breakout board?

to my knowledge no. The C25 ($30.00) has two ports but it has no opto-isolators or differential outputs etc.
You are effectively required to add a handful of electronic components to make the C25 truly useful
whereas all of that development work and circuitry is included with the MB3. As I posted earlier
the MB3 is the 'lowest risk' solution.

The price difference between the C25 and MB3 is $150, less than half the cost of just one servo....penny pinching
on a breakout board seems ill advised.

Craig

Oh money isn't the issue right now, its finding an American or Canadian supplier for the MB3. My prof doesn't want to order something out of country due to the time constraints right now.

Start_Anew