Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 04:47:37 PM

Author Topic: What is the best way to backup and migrate Mach4 config to another laptop?  (Read 701 times)

Hello,

What is the best way to backup my current Mach4 configuration and migrate it to another laptop?

I recently set up my laptop to use Mach4 for my Avid Pro 4896 CNC using a J Tech laser. This was a fresh install for all tools involved (Mach4 4517, ESS 260). I now have everything working and the using the laser is simply a tool change on the CNC. However, my sons laptop has been set up for the Avid CNC for over a year now. We installed the updated versions Mach4 4517 and ESS 260 and did the configuration changes for the J Tech laser. It is not firing the laser. We have checked, double checked, triple checked the configuration and it is the same as the one on my laptop. We have moved gcode which works on my laptop to his and it does not fire the laser.

So at this point we'd like to backup his configuration, package up the configurations on my laptop, and migrate them to his laptop and install them. Seems to me someone must have a tried and true process for this. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Kent
Go to help -> Support -> Package current Profile

When you want to load it use the profile loader and the import profile button.

Hope that helps
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
Brian,
Thank you for your reply. Seems obvious now.
Kent