Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:59:36 PM

Author Topic: Mach 4 open source content  (Read 1075 times)

Mach 4 open source content
« on: May 05, 2020, 12:33:40 AM »
There were various open source screens and other forms of useful and innovative content for Mach 3, does anything like that exist for Mach 4? I remember, for example, a probing code snippet/routine for edge finding in Mach 3 by a user named Squirrel on another forum. Thanks for your help!
Re: Mach 4 open source content
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2020, 02:17:12 AM »
Hi,
download Mach4 and find that there are a large number of macros and complete modules that are source files
and intended that they be used, either as excerpts or complete, by users for their own purposes.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2020, 10:13:56 AM »
I don't know of many screen sets floating about, but there are lots of scripting examples and information installed by Mach4 in the folder:

/Mach4Hobby/LuaExamples
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2020, 03:56:00 AM »
Also have a look at the wizards. I did the bolt hole wizard in a way to show how you can make a wizard with limited programming knowledge. It looks a bit nasty at first but you will see that it will automatically make the dialog layout for you.  If you follow that example it can be pasted into a Lua panel in the screen designer as well. It could be used to make a nice probe wizard or other control. If you want to be overwhelmed with code have a look at all the font engraving code. This is all on the modules addons directory. It is really cool but it gets deep fast.
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2020, 11:08:42 AM »
A short video using wxFormBuilder to create a form/listbox/... and then showing how to insert that into a panel would go a long way to help us understand how to use lua in panels.  I sent Bryanna an email about a year ago suggesting this.

RT
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2020, 11:21:45 AM »
I will have the guys make one :)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com