Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 02:07:45 AM

Author Topic: External emergency stop requested  (Read 9067 times)

External emergency stop requested
« on: October 09, 2007, 09:59:23 PM »
Hello All,

I am new to Mach 3 and I occasionally get an "External Emergency Stop Requested" error.   I cannot find a reference for this in the manual.  I will be honest my machine is a small engraver and the keyboard is in right in front of the machine.  I do not feel an external estop is needed, so I assigned pin 15 for the estop and than shorted  pin 15 to pin 18.  Than to try to stop this error I tried a 100 mf capacitor across the same . Capacitor minus to 18.  But still get the error.

I am confused is it just false triggering or is Mach 3 looking for something I do not understand.

Wulkan

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: External emergency stop requested
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 10:14:16 PM »
What is your debounce set to in general config?

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 10:23:37 PM »
I have tried debounce numbes up to 10,000.  But now I leave it at 500 it seems to not false trigger limits switches at 500.

Now it just seems to be "External emergency stop requested".  Is that just a false trigger on the external Estop?

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 11:08:54 PM »
Sounds like it to me. I wish you had an e-stop though. Has it allways got the e-stop? Is this a new set up?

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 02:56:34 AM »
Is pin 18 definitely a ground? some cables dont have all of them connected. Anyway if you are sure you dont need an E-Stop then instead of physically wiring the pins just set the e-stop to Port 0 or change the active state, this will allow you to run without an E-Stop switch.

Hood