Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 07:10:56 AM

Author Topic: MACH4 LATHE  (Read 954 times)

MACH4 LATHE
« on: May 12, 2020, 05:41:19 PM »
I run a program when it gets to the end M30 % It rewinds to the top of program .If I hit cycle start it wont run Mach is frozen .I have to shut Mach down and re-start the software to run the program again . Has anyone experienced this before and what did you do to fix it ? Thank you.
Re: MACH4 LATHE
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 03:37:22 AM »
You need to post your Gcode file. Or you can send it into the support guys too. We run 100’s of parts in testing at a run, it should work. We just have to find the issue.
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2020, 07:24:25 AM »
The first problem I had was at the end of every operation there was an M5 .Spindle stop . When it got to line with the next tool change  the machine would sit there .The cycle timer kept counting . I deleted the M5 and the machine changed tools and it ran through the program .It got to the end M30 and it re-wound to the top line .If I try to re-run it machine is frozen .Cycle start wont work M.D.I.  wont work .I have to re-start Mach ? So I'm very confused as to why ? And the tool changer not working because of the M5  ? It would change to tool 1 but when it got to t0202 it froze up .
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2020, 08:26:13 AM »
I don't think anything is locking up. Have you had a look at the M6 macro? You may have to press cycle start after your toolchange. You also have an M1 before a tool change.
On more thing I would change is get rid of the G28's they are trouble if your not real into Gcode. Use G53 and you will be much happier and the code will read better for you.

Thanks
Brian

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2020, 09:00:39 AM »
The Macro was written by Trevor that works for Mach .I have spent the last 9 months trying to get it to work through M.D.I. I ran into a road block and decided to go with it the way it was .Trying to make it run bye directional was too much an issue .So the first time I tried to run a program  with tool changes , 5 tools .It would change to tool 1 do its machining then get to tool t0202 and sit there .Left there for an hour the cycle timer keep running and no tool change. I started to edit the program that was posted with a generic Fanuc post . When I deleted the M5 it got past the t0202 until t0303 then it hung up on that line again. Once I removed all the m5 it went all the way through. I will take the g28 out .But thats not going to fix why I cant run the program a 2nd time .It rewinds to the top ?
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2020, 11:08:12 AM »
The plot thickens ! Can you package your profile so I can have a look at it ? I would like to test it in Sim to see if I have the same issue.

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2020, 12:24:32 PM »
Yes I can do that tonight .