Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:51:07 PM

Author Topic: New limit/homing switch settings  (Read 835 times)

New limit/homing switch settings
« on: April 22, 2020, 10:06:26 PM »
Hi All,

I put new limit switches in our home built cnc router. They were wired in series but i did it with a separate wire for each switch this time. Each negative line goes to a negative line on the power supply and each common line goes to an input on the Gecko G540 drive. The inputs are no's 2,3, and 4 x, y, z respectively). These are pins no's 11,12 and 13 on the Smart bob. 411. I Made my best guess as to the settings in inputs in Mach 4. When I click home xyz, the z goes to the limit switch, stops and backs off a bit like it should but x and y don't seem to see their switches. They just run into them and crash. I have the switches wired N/O. I double checked the wires and that the switches worked. What should the settings be in Mach 4?

Thank you.

Offline Bill_O

•  563 563
    • View Profile
Re: New limit/homing switch settings
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 11:21:33 AM »
You might have the x and y switched.
When it is looking for the y switch to be triggered the x is being triggered.
Re: New limit/homing switch settings
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2020, 10:34:55 PM »
Unless something has changed since I last talked to this user, the problem goes much deeper than that.

The Real Time I/O display panel in our SmartBOB plugin indicates that none of the limit/home signals are even getting to the PMDX-411, much less to Mach4's homing inputs. Communications between Mach4 and the PMDX-411 seem to be working because motion and E-Stop appear to be working.

User was asked to test inputs using just a simple jumper wire directly on the screw terminals of the Gecko G540. Test results of this have not been reported to us yet.
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com