Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 04:10:10 AM

Author Topic: Won’t finish homing  (Read 869 times)

Won’t finish homing
« on: January 31, 2021, 07:38:08 PM »
I recently replaced my stepper drivers and recalibrated everything but now when I home mach3 seems to get stuck.  I use limit switches and select reference all home.  The machine moves to the limit switches and activates them then backs off to deactivate them and it does this for all 3.  Z first then y then x.  At this point it still says “homing” in the bottom bar on the screen.  I can hit reset which stops it and then proceed to run my program and there are no issues during the cut.  Any ideas why it doesn’t complete the homing process?   Before I installed the new stepper drivers I had no issues. 

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: Won’t finish homing
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2021, 07:55:49 PM »
It sounds as if its waiting for the next axis to home, make sure you do NOT have A,B or C homing set to active.
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2021, 09:54:49 PM »
I will check into that.  I did notice tonight that after the X homed it quickly flashed finished or whatever the exact words are then quickly showed homing again. It started another homing cycle for something. 

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2021, 01:37:14 AM »
have you tryed to go to diagnostic Screen an reference axis by axis seperatly?
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2021, 06:50:23 PM »
have you tryed to go to diagnostic Screen an reference axis by axis seperatly?
I have not looked at that screen before.  Will check it out tomorrow when back in the shop. 
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2021, 06:15:20 PM »
When I set up my machine I was never able to get the 4th motor running on its own axis.  At that time I wired both y axis motors to the y driver.  When I replaced the drivers I tried again and in doing so turned on the slave function in mach3.  When I was homing I believe it was trying to home the slave axis as I did not go back into the settings and turn it off.  I turned it off today and the problem is solved. 
Thanks to those that responded.