Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:23:25 AM

Author Topic: mc.mcToolGetSelected(inst) issue In lathe mode  (Read 1020 times)

mc.mcToolGetSelected(inst) issue In lathe mode
« on: April 15, 2020, 11:55:29 AM »
Dear all,

I'm currently trying to make retrofit of my realmeca T20 cnc lathe with CS lab electronic and mach4. I have many issues, but there's one I don't know what to do.
I've tried to solve my problem with Trevor from artSoft, but we are in an incredible situation so I stop.

So the problem is simple.
At the beginning of M6 macro there's a command which is selectedTool=mc.mcToolGetSelected(inst) ; selectedTool returns me the good value in mill control mode, but not in lathe (diameter) control mode. I use a message box to see this.
For example, M6T2 returns 2 in mill mode (that is normal), but in lathe mode it returns 0, always, with all tool number I test.

Another strange thing is that M6 macro is executed twice in lathe mode, not in mill mode (I see this because messagebox appears twice).

Does anyone knows this ?  Is there something to do ?

Re: mc.mcToolGetSelected(inst) issue In lathe mode
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 12:31:07 PM »

More pictures.

Test macro :

function m6()

local inst = mc.mcGetInstance()
    local selectedTool = mc.mcToolGetSelected(inst)
    selectedTool = math.tointeger(selectedTool)
    wx.wxMessageBox(tostring(selectedTool))
end -- function

if (mc.mcInEditor() == 1) then
    m6()
end

Precision, theses pictures are from my home computer, I have the same problem on My lathe computer with CS profile and plugin and licensed Mach4.

Thanks in advance to every body !

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 07:11:47 PM »
Call a tool in Lathe is T0202 , tool 2 offset 2

Call a tool in Mill T2 M6
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 07:15:02 PM by Graham Waterworth »
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2020, 02:19:03 AM »
Many thanks Graham !!!
You can't imagine how many hours I loose with this issue !!

Emmanuel
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2020, 06:08:13 AM »
Hello.
have you already tried using the G76 loop per thread?
me and others have problems.
we want to understand if the cause is ours or CsLab.
I have CSMIO IP S.
you?
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2020, 05:21:18 AM »
Hello Daniba,

I'm currently hard fighting with mach4/CS lab plugin configuration, due to a very poor documentation for Mach4. My lathe is not running for the moment...
I have CSMIO-IPA card.
Last week a wrong spindle configuration made my Fanuc spindle drive card explode ... I'm waiting for the repair cost  :'(

As you know, we never know who has the hand on each functionnality, Mach4 or CS-lab plugin... Backlash is supported or not ?...
For sure I follow the discussion with this threading issue ; for me it's not honest at all to sell a card affirming threading is supported, and when you have bought it, the supplier  says it's not ... I've discussed with them about this.

Regards,

Emmanuel
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2020, 09:51:17 AM »
of which I know IP-A even the cycle G84 (rigid tapping) does not work.
I will explain.
it works but it is not synchronized (therefore it is useless).
on my IP-S it's already better, it does, the sore point is that every now and then it makes rapid movements without control !! so it can be dangerous.
Note:
I have warned cslab of the problem for 2 years.
to date with the plug-in V3.205 the problem still persists.

on my IP-S Backlash it works.

what did they answer about G76 thread ??
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2020, 12:33:13 PM »
Please find below our conversation of one year ago (I stop the retrofit for a long time, I was too busy).
I think we misunderstand between lathe threading and tapping with a milling machine, I'm not sure.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
>>> Can you confirm me rigid tapping is supported ?

It's a bit complicated, but I'll try to explain it to you.

Some time ago I tested Mach4, and it showed up that it has the threading function with a screw tap, but the function doesn't include spindle rotary speed synchronization with Z-axis feed rate. This threading requires compensation holder, so rigid tapping is not possible.

I talked to our software developers and asked them if they add the rigid tapping function (M84) just like in Mach3.
I got the information that they won't as this will cause many issues.
Mach4 is constructed this way so it controls everything and implementing the autonomous rigid tapping function may cause some conflicts.
---------------------------------
I hope this help you ...

From my side, I really wonder if I'll go on with mach3, mach4 or another electronic good quality this time (if you know one good...). I can't imagine having no possibility to make threading with a CNC lathe !!!
The NUM760 I remove frome my lathe, from 1990 (30 years ago !!) use to do it ...
For me it does not appear to be so complicated.