Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 07:35:41 AM

Author Topic: Engraving problems  (Read 1580 times)

Re: Engraving problems
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2020, 11:01:25 AM »
I did some more testing on my machine and found my belt had some miss alignment corrected it and also brought my axis velocity and acceleration down
Got a much better result to my engraving also decide only to stay way from engraving with the zigzag pattern and stick to the fill method

Would like to thank you for all you assist Tweakie.CNC
I am using Aspire for our engraving and would like to know if you have any other suggestions on tool set up or perhaps a mod to my post processor 

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,199 9,199
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Engraving problems
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2020, 01:37:59 AM »
Good to hear that you have identified the axis alignment problem.

The Vectric 'pattern fill' will often produce a ziz-zag Gcode toolpath which, as you have discovered, is totally unsuitable for laser work.
The best alternative (IMO) is to raster engrave a bitmap where the axis acceleration/deceleration zones are outside the pattern area. Although the Mach3 Impact/Laser engraver plugin will do this extremely well it relies on 32bit Parallel Port operation and many (like me) have now moved on to 64bit PC’s. Warp9 are working to perfect a laser, raster image function for their ESS and Mach4 and Artsoft are also working on an independent raster scan function for Mach4.
Perhaps sad to say but there are other competitive softwares out there which perform laser raster scanning extremely well but I shall leave it to you to look.

Tweakie.
PEACE