Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:20:46 AM

Author Topic: Laser trigger settings on rnrmotion card  (Read 874 times)

Laser trigger settings on rnrmotion card
« on: March 27, 2020, 10:44:38 AM »
Good day all.

I have build a CNC for milling and have now upgrade my machine with a 5000mw laser from AliExpress.
I have read a lot of forums on setting up etc. which was very helpful. Thank you guys.
My issue is not a new one as a lot of makers struggle with the M3/M5 trigger that leaves a dotted burn on start and finish.
I have read up on the M10/M11 codes that seems to be the answer, but from what I figured out my CNC controller board can not support that function. Unless I have missed something along the way. I have the Bitsensor BSMCEO-4U-PP controller (also known as rnr eco motion 2.0). I think there are other similar makes on the market.

So my questions are:
1. Is there an update driver for this card that might solve my problem (current version:3.50)
2. Can I connect my laser differently to the CNC controller? (current setup: PWM to Output 1, GND to DCM)

I really don't want to replace the CNC controller.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Laser trigger settings on rnrmotion card
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2020, 11:05:03 AM »
Unfortunately your motion controller card just does not support the M11/M10 commands and if you want to use those commands then another motion controller will be necessary. It is unlikely that the RNR will ever be updated.

Tweakie.

PEACE
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2020, 11:08:34 AM »
Thank you very much Tweakie.
What controller would you recommend? I would prefer to use USB or Ethernet output.

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2020, 02:58:27 PM »
What controller would you recommend? I would prefer to use USB or Ethernet output.
only Ethernet please no USB
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2020, 02:31:50 AM »

As TPS has mentioned Ethernet connection seems to be the favourite amongst users.

It is not really possible for me to recommend a particular motion controller as all that I have tried (and I now have 5 different motion controllers) each have their own strong and weak points and it really all depends on intended usage as to which may be best.

A popular motion controller which has excellent manufacturer's support together with a very active user's forum is the Ethernet Smooth Stepper (ESS) from Warp9 but there are others equally appointed. Avoid the Chinese controllers and choose one made in the USA or EU to be sure of manufacturer's full support.

Tweakie.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 02:35:04 AM by Tweakie.CNC »
PEACE