Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:14:03 AM

Author Topic: Are my settings causing the problem?  (Read 1219 times)

Are my settings causing the problem?
« on: July 28, 2019, 11:45:51 PM »
Quick background
Machine - Updated a AXYZ 4008 to use Mach3
Steps per inch - They appear to be correct.  A 36"x36" box is just that 36"x36".  Depth of cut is also correct.

See the attached image.

The bottom 2 engravings are done with a 15deg engraving bit.  The appear to have odd issues in the corners.  I tried different feed rates and depth of cuts.  Both look to have problems.  As a side note I get the same problems when using a 60 or 90deg v-bit. I believe the stepover was 40%.  IPM was set to 80 and 40 bottom then middle.

The top engraving is done with a 7.5deg engraving.  the corners do not have the odd extra cuts and the text doesn't look like a 2 year old wrote the script.  I think the IPM was set to 40.  Stepp over was 40%.

Any ideas?
Re: Are my settings causing the problem?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 08:00:55 AM »
Hi Cory
I've got axyz 4008 down and would like to convert to mach3, can you give any leads, which controller and drivers best runs the router. I'm located in Rio (Brazil) so... kind hard $$$$ to fix it, using axyz original parts. Thanks any way.
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2020, 01:02:21 PM »
Alvarenga,
Sorry that I took so long to reply.
I used KL-5056D Stepper drivers.
I set the dip switches for "Microstep" to be 16x
I set the dip switches for "Dynamic Current Setting" to be 5.6A

The x and y motors are KL34H280-55-4A.  I think someone replaced the original motors with these so yours might be a little different.
X and Y "steps per" 4078 "velocity" 375 and "Acceleration" 60

The Y motor is a 4PS Precision & Speed LTD Model PST341-3A.  This I believe is the original motor used for the Z axis.
"Steps per" 16256 "Velocity"100.2 and "Acceleration" 50

I have my native units set to inch

I got these settings off another CNC forum and for the life of me I cant find the link. 

I am using a KL-1212 control board with an Ethernet SmoothSteeper

The control board, stepper drivers, ethernet interface and power supply came from https://www.automationtechnologiesinc.com/.  There are based here in the US.

Overall I am happy with the control of the CNC and I think I figured out that my problem was with the bearing's in my spindle.  I am about to send it out for repair so I should know more in a few weeks.  Let me know if you need any other information.

Have a great day
Cory

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2020, 10:56:43 AM »
Hi, Cory
Thank you, I did not expect a response that soon. My router has diferent motor set, all of them are Vexta from Oriental Motor 4.5A.
I feel confortable that someone had succesfully retrofit it. I am going to do some home work on my ST4100 controller and which drivers works better with it.
Thanks again. I really appreciated your help.

Have nice day
Alvarenga