Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:47:00 AM

Author Topic: Mach4 using PoPendant  (Read 1025 times)

Mach4 using PoPendant
« on: March 16, 2020, 11:02:08 AM »
Hello,

I'm using the PoPendant in Mach4 and it is working good. I do have one problem when using the pendant. While using the pendant, Mach4 disables all the buttons in File Operations, Run Ops, and Cycle Start. I don't have a problem with that disabling the buttons, except for an example, when I'm running a Drill gcode file. I do manual tool changes. So, I have to use the pendant to lower the Z axis near the work surface and then zero the Z axis. When I do this, the only way to get the Cycle Start to work, I have to click on Enable/Disable button. When I do that, the drill gcode file resets back to the beginning. Then, I have to find where the program left off and use the button Run Gcode from Here.
Is there a way to stop Mach4 from disabling these buttons while using the pendant?

Thanks,
Kerry
Re: Mach4 using PoPendant
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2020, 01:55:20 PM »
Hi,
Mach has only one, and can only have one trajectory planner. If the planner is under control of the Gcode interpreter,
ie running a Gcode job then it will ignore the pendant. Likwise when the trajectory planner is under control of the pendant
then much of Mach is disabled  including the Gcode interpreter.

The best way to stop the Gcode interpreter is <FeedHold> followed by <Stop>. The Gcode interpreter stops but the file does not rewind
nor are the modals lost. If you hit <CycleStart> the job will continue.

The only time you will have trouble with this procedure is if you change any modals when you jog with the pendant...unlikely. If however
you MDI while the Gocde file is paused then it is probable that you will change one or more of the modes and therefore when you
hit <CycleStart> the Gcode job will resume but with the incorrect modes applied with unpredictable results.

The correct procedure under that circumstance is <Run From Here>.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2020, 04:16:30 PM »
Craig,

Thanks for your reply.
I'll try using <freehold> then <stop> during the tool change. Change the drill bit. Use the pendant to lower the Z aixs so to zero out the work surface height. I'll have to click the enable/disable button in order to active the <Cycle Start> button so that I can start the gcode again where it left off at tool change (M6).

Thanks again,

Kerry
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2020, 05:20:05 PM »
Hi,
I use an indentical process when making circuit boards. Just beware if you change modes.....you'll have a spectacular
f...k up otherwise.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2020, 05:48:51 PM »
Hello,

Yes Craig, that's what I'm working on, circuit boards.  ;D

Thanks,

Kerry
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2020, 02:01:16 PM »
Hi Craig,

I can't use the <feedhold> then <stop>. As soon as the program hits M6, the <feedhold> button is disabled.
What I did find out, when the programs hits M6, in the message line (next to the history bottom of screen) shows; 'Change to tool 3 and press start to continue'. I'll press start and the message line changes to; 'Change to Tool Dia. = 1.0160||| Total drills for tool T3 = 12'.
As long as I press start when the program message shows 'press start to continue' then use the pendant to complete my drill bit change, the program will not rewind.
See Pictures
Why would this work?

Thanks,

Kerry