Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 02:55:47 PM

Author Topic: WHB04-L for Mach3  (Read 541 times)

WHB04-L for Mach3
« on: January 08, 2024, 09:29:31 AM »
Hello,

I am new to this forum. I have a machine from CNCRouterParts with Mach3.

I have a wonderful WIXHC Pendant for Mach3 that has worked very well for several years. It is an HB04-L

A couple of years ago  I began to detect that when it was low of battery the movement of the machine whenturnind the knob on the pendant was iregular. But as soon as I would replace the batttery it would go back to normal.

More recently I began to realize that I needed to be replacing batteries very often (the first Chinesse batteries the device came with lasted several years!).

I also have to say that I have not been able to use the machine very much lately.

The problem now is that the movement that produces the pendant is completely erratic, as when the device was getting flat batteries. But it is not a battery problem any more. If I replace the batteries it is stay the same.

Looking with more detail at the problem, I have seen that the movement is only wrong in one direction. For example, if I select X, the machine won't move in the x direction, or it will move a little bit, and jump abruptly backwards.

In the other direction the movement seems to be fine.

When moving step by step, or for changing feed rate, so when doing one step movement of the knob at a time, the device works well.

I suspect the encoder on the pendant is not well. But I decided to write in here in case someone might have any other idea or give any hint to repair it.

Many thanks in advance for your help, and kind regards from Spain,

Alberto