Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 11:45:17 PM

Author Topic: CNC4PC C22 Board Pin 2 Always Active  (Read 1011 times)

CNC4PC C22 Board Pin 2 Always Active
« on: September 26, 2023, 11:22:37 AM »
Pin 2 on my C22 Pendant board is always active and because of that the jog wheel on the MPG doesn't work.  Oddly, for a day or two, the pin was not active and the jog wheel worked, but now it shows as always active in Diagnostics.   See the attached photo and ignore the red light on Output 6, that has since been resolved.
This is my setup:
I have a PC running Windows 7
2 Startech PCI parallel port cards.  Card 1 is at address 0XC010, card 2 is at address 0XD010
Port 1 is connected to a C10 BOB which is in turn connected to two DM556 stepper drivers
I have two home switches wired in parallel connected to pin 15 on the C10.  When I press either switch I see a signal on the Diagnostics window so I am confident that is working.
Port 2 is connected to a C22 board, which is in turn connected to an MPG2 pendant.
In Mach3 I enabled port 2 and set pins 2-9 as inputs
When I jog the wheel on the MPG I see pins 2 and 3 light up intermittently on the C22 board LEDs
In Diagnostics, pin 3 lights up intermittently when I jog the wheel, but pin shows as always active.

Has anyone seen this before?

Does anyone have any  suggestions on how to test/troubleshoot this further.

I tried switching the connections to the parallel ports so that the C22 was on port 1 and the C10 was on port, then changed the addresses of the parallel ports appropriately.  Nothing changed, which makes me believe the parallel cards and parallel cables are good.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kent