Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 01:26:40 AM

Author Topic: help! lost in space  (Read 971 times)

help! lost in space
« on: February 23, 2020, 02:56:34 PM »
Getting back to Mach 4 after some time off.  Simple project is cut some shapes out .5 inch plywood.  The tool paths in V carve pro look fine and simulate fine.  when I load them in to Mach 4 the display does not look right.  This is just cutting out a circle about 3.5 inches in diameter. The display looks tilted at an angle.  Is there some setting in mach 4 that I messed up?   I am running version 4.2.0.3084  should I upgrade to the newest version? install the latest will it keep all my current setting and such and just install over the old version?
Thanks for any help.
Todd
Re: help! lost in space
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2020, 05:03:12 PM »
 A little more detail.  If I close the Mach 4 do not power down my machine or PC and reopen Mach 4 and Open my g-code it looks fine.  I then reference all axis fine. But when I hit the go to work zero my display goes funky. It kike rotates the part.  I have had this problem before.  Any Ideas?  should I update?
Thanks,
Todd
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 05:14:58 PM by lab auto man »
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2020, 07:33:31 PM »
I think it is my A axis causing my problems.  My A axis does not have a home position so when I ref all it does not zero, I have to click the bottom to zero it.  If I do not when I press the go to work zero it rotates my whole job to get A to zero. This all happen even with out this being a rotary job.  How would I tell the software to zero the A axis when I ref all?  There is no zero switch it would say where it is is zero.
Thanks,
Todd

Offline bcoop

•  61 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2020, 09:42:52 PM »
take a look at the attachment screen shot. for your A-Axis just set it up to Home in Place,  when you reference all, the A axis will immediate be set as homed.
Bob