Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:54:44 AM

Author Topic: G code will not run  (Read 1113 times)

G code will not run
« on: February 20, 2020, 02:38:40 AM »
New to forum and the world of CNC.  Using Mach 4, ESS and getting most parts from CNN Router Parts.   I have been building the cnc router for awhile.  I was getting the basics figured out and about to cut some air.  Everything was working fine homing, soft limits, hard limits,calibration etc.  Then nothing happened when I pushed the start G code button and the MDI also would not run.  I can load G code files and tried a number of then but no luck. I can enter MDI code but nothing happens.  Both of the above functions have worked in the past. I have the feeling that I am probably overlooking something obvious but after a few days working on it I could use some help.
Thanks in advance
Dan

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: G code will not run
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 06:50:25 AM »
when you say nothing happens, is the tool change light flashing?
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2020, 11:28:18 AM »
Thank you for the reply.

I turn everything on.  Set home, turn on soft limits, go to work X/Y, load in a G Code file and hit the green Cycle Start Button.  The green cycle start turns light blue but nothing else happens. 

The feed hold is yellow, the stop is red, the reset is gray and the disable is red. 

Any ideas?
Thanks
Dan

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2020, 06:35:15 PM »
Have you clicked on the 'Enable' button so all the icons become coloured and not grey.
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2020, 12:07:28 AM »
Yes
That worked. I guess I thought green meant go but you push the green to get red then it worked.  I am back business.  So obvious. 

Thanks so much for the help. 

Dan
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2020, 04:22:35 PM »
Hi,
you can change the colors at will if you wish.

The attached screenshot is the properties panel for the Enable/Disable button as yo find it in Screen Edit mode.
Note the colors that have been chosen for Button Color Up and Button Colour Down, they are editable properties
that are chosen using a color palette. Easy!

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'