Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:25:12 AM

Author Topic: MACH 4 bugs when cutting?  (Read 886 times)

MACH 4 bugs when cutting?
« on: January 20, 2020, 02:34:11 PM »
Hi all, I have been cutting fairly successfully with mach 4 for a half a year now. Every now and again after getting halfway through a cut the router just flies off randomly and ruins the part. It seems this usually happens on a new CAD file. I export from fusion and use a USB drive to get it on my cutting computer.

This used to happen when a "notification" popped up on the computer but I have since turned those off to avoid this issue.

What goes wrong here? I suspect it is just the new Gcode being corrupted when transferring over. I never have this problem running usual parts hundreds of times over.
Re: MACH 4 bugs when cutting?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 02:44:18 PM »
Hi,
this post belongs on the Mach4 General Discussion board, no doubt Tweakie will shift it.

I suspect from your description that the Gcode is being corrupted in the transfer. Does the toolpath show an errant move?
It may be appropriate to install a Gcode simulator or viewer on your cutting PC to view the tool path BEFORE you start cutting.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2020, 03:02:33 PM »
Thank for directing where this post is better opted for. When I run the simulation in fusion it all looks good and same on the toolpath indicator in mach. I guess it is during the transfer... just a pain as it is making programming new parts take twice as long.... seems about 25% of the time is happens.
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 02:32:30 AM »
set the look ahead with a value of 200.
you should solve.