Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:40:31 PM

Author Topic: Serious problems with G76 cycle in Mach4 Lathe and CSMIO IP S  (Read 5251 times)

Re: Serious problems with G76 cycle in Mach4 Lathe and CSMIO IP S
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2020, 06:23:17 PM »
we use Delta ASDA B2 servo motors.
in turning it is very precise.
maybe we understand where the problem lies.
as spindle motor we use asynchronous + VFD.
to transfer the motion, between engine and gearbox are trapezoidal belts (original of the lathe).
probably the type of engine / transmission is not suitable.
I say this, because there is an oscillation of the rpm, caused by the trapezoidal belts.
from the various tests, we came to the conclusion that by starting the thread cycle, a certain number of laps is taken to activate synchronism.
this is maintained perfectly even in the presence of speed oscillation.
the problem is created when the cycle must be repeated several times.
precisely due to oscillation, data other than the first cycle is examined, causing damage to the previous thread.

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2020, 07:22:49 PM »
Where are you getting the index pulse from?

If from a sensor is it mounted to read from the main spindle?
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2020, 01:28:11 AM »
it is mounted on the spindle line, ratio 1: 1 as per cslab instructions.
this lathe is not mine, it belongs to a great friend of mine.
for this I feel a little guilty, for having convinced him to use CSMIO.IP-S and Mach4 paired.
I own a small Optimun TU2807 lathe with the same hardware (smaller in power, given the small size of my lathe).
the only configuration difference is that I have a unique range, transmission motor / spindle shaft via asynchronous pulley / belt pitch 5 HTD.
I have a small mistake in case of wire overhaul, for this reason, we believe that the cause is the oscillation of the spindle turns caused by V-belts.
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2020, 09:42:17 AM »
...... we believe that the cause is the oscillation of the spindle turns caused by V-belts.
I don't think that will cause what we see in your video of the subsequent cycle.
The enclosure could possibly win the "5 lbs. of goodies in a 3 lb. bag" award  :D
Thank goodness for the 24v noise immunity of the CSLab components !  :) :
Is the encoder 5V ?
You could also thread a new part and set the spring passes to 10 (or more) and watch for any deviations  .. which should be clearly evident.
I sincerely hope you find the issue, I'll be curiously watching.
Cheers.
 :)
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2020, 12:59:10 PM »
we don't know what to think anymore ...
we try to replace trapezoidal pulleys with asynchronous HTD.
then let's see what happens.
thank you all for support.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2020, 06:37:37 AM »
We have a Mori at the shop that threads all day every day.  Threading is a motion controller dependent function.  For Mach, we treat G32 moves (the basis for all threading ops) as a regular feed moves.  But we mark them so that the motion controller can sync them with the spindle.  There is nothing else Mach can do, at this point, because the motion hardware has to do the real-time stuff. 

Steve

Hi Steve,

Just out of curiosity which motion controller are you using with your Mori and which version / build of Mach4 are you using with it please ?

Tweakie.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 05:46:27 AM by Tweakie.CNC »
PEACE
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2020, 04:07:04 PM »
in this video cslab has shown that the thread with Mach4 works very well.
I must try well to understand where my problem is generated.

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2020, 01:18:18 AM »
We have a Mori at the shop that threads all day every day.  Threading is a motion controller dependent function.  For Mach, we treat G32 moves (the basis for all threading ops) as a regular feed moves.  But we mark them so that the motion controller can sync them with the spindle.  There is nothing else Mach can do, at this point, because the motion hardware has to do the real-time stuff. 

Steve

Hi Steve,

Just out of curiosity which motion controller are you using with your Mori and which version / build of Mach4 are you using with it please ?

Tweakie.

The Mori is using a Vital Systems HiCON controller.  I don't know the Mach build but Rob G would know as he is the primary operator of that machine.  I doubt the build would matter as threading is more dependent on the motion controller and its' associated plugin than the Mach build.  So I can confidently say that ANY Mach build.  :) 

It is a sweet machine to see in action! 

Steve

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2020, 01:41:58 AM »
Thanks Steve, I was hopeful that it would not be the most expensive controller but I suppose that quality and support come at a price.

There is so much going on with controllers that 'sort of work' it is nice to know which controller 'does actually work' when it comes to threading. I will just have to start saving my pennies  :)

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2020, 04:00:57 PM »
Hi,
We have identified the problems that caused bad synchronization with G76.
I thought it was correct to notify, so if a user has the same problems, he has a solution.
To generate the problems was the VFD.
It generated disturbances on the signals.
To solve this, we physically moved the VFD away from the controller, with separate power supply.
The disturbances have disappeared, consequently the G76 now works correctly.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 04:03:21 PM by daniba73 »