Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 02:31:22 AM

Author Topic: Mach 4 vfd help needed  (Read 699 times)

Mach 4 vfd help needed
« on: January 14, 2020, 08:12:12 PM »
Hello all , I could use some help if anyone would like to assist . I have a c11g bob along with a Ess I just installed in our shops cnc . I have everything working but I can not seem to wrap my head around the vfd portion of the install . So we are using Mach 4 , the vfd is a delta model vfd002m21a . We would like to turn the spindle  on as well as control rpm . Could anyone assist me with the connections and the proper settings into warp 9 for the ess as well as the Mach 4 settings I need to get this up and running . We have some big projects coming in next week and I’d really like to have this up and running so we do not fall behind schedule. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Offline mark4

•  167 167
    • View Profile
Re: Mach 4 vfd help needed
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 09:17:51 PM »
Hello I am far from an expert but i will help. first you need to provide forward and reverse signals to the vfd page 2 of the manual shows which relays. you want normally open and common these wires need to go to the corresponding terminals on the vfd its manual will tell you which two usually fwd reverse and common. i use a shielded wire with the shield grounded on one side because vfds are noisy. Now if you can command forward and reverse successfully. outputs

Now tackle the 0-10v speed control. That is just a matter of connecting the wires to the right place and making sure the vfd is set for 0-10v not 4 to 20 milli amp. both manuals should dial you into that.

Cnc4pc has some wire examples. for the vfd mach programming check out warp nine they are really good for setup help. saved my bacon a time or two.