Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:56:48 PM

Author Topic: Homing stopped working  (Read 698 times)

Homing stopped working
« on: January 10, 2020, 06:28:04 PM »
Running off of an Ethernet Smooth Stepper with Mach 4. The machine was set up and working perfectly. I had an issue where my bit slipped and jacked up my project. After I discovered this I went to rehome the machine and the Z-axis drove past the proximity sensor. Restarted the computer and it did the same thing. In my days of looking at this, I see that the X-axis will stop in the home position when the sensor is activated. Axis Y and axis Z, although the proximity sensor will light, continue driving through. Looking at the diagnostic screen (I have the sensors mapped to Port1Pin10(X), Port1Pin11(Y), and Port1Pin12(Z). When moving the axis I see that the X Home input will change when the sensor activates. However, the other two do not even though the sensor indicates activation (led light on sensor goes on). Does anybody have any thoughts short of starting over?

Offline mark4

•  167 167
    • View Profile
Re: Homing stopped working
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 09:57:13 PM »
so the light on the sensor went on. that says the sensor is reading it. however the sensor might not be putting it out to the controller. You can go into mach4 diagnostic screen and activate the sensor manually and see if the led lights up. If you dont see it there you can go into ESS diagnostics and see if it shows there. you can do all input checking with the machine not enabled for safety.