Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 05:15:27 PM

Author Topic: Zeroing and extents  (Read 2579 times)

Offline smav

•  55 55
    • View Profile
Re: Zeroing and extents
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2020, 11:58:00 AM »
The machine extents on mine is what does not show up, even tho I have soft limits set and enabled. Craig''s post shows a picture of machine extents represented by a yellow dashed line. When I follow his instructions on how he gets those to display, I do not get any boundary lines of the machine limits like that.
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2020, 12:47:46 PM »
Hi,
sometimes the zoom is such that the machine boundaries are larger than the toolpath display winow.
Try re-genning the toolpath and zoom out....do the boundaries come into view.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline smav

•  55 55
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2020, 01:50:22 PM »
Ya i tried that as well the other day when I was working on it. I opened up the screen editor and looked at the display envelope push button properties and for action it lists for the down or up action, not sure which now, Display Tool Path. (I am recalling that from when I was checking it out yesterday so the exact verbiage for the action may be a little different, if it is I will update this post once I have a chance to verify.) I was looking to see if it runs a script or something that may need to be modified for something like a contrasting line color or something. I get the x,y,z coordinates and the two lines of the current x,y axis like you show in your picture examples but again I am not able to get a dotted or any line like you show for extents. My x and y soft limits are set currently at min of 5 and max of 350 and 570mm.

Offline smav

•  55 55
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2020, 10:05:03 PM »
I believe I figured out my issue. I do not believe the "Display work envelope" button has the correct action assigned to it and probably should be a script. Or that up state is correct and the down state above it is missing the action or script needed to initiate the yellow box showing the extents.  Anyway, I do not know if that is actually correct just a hunch nor do I know what the name of the script or where it is located if there should be one to carry out the action as I state in attached picture. Any advise on that??? thanks
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 10:09:05 PM by smav »

Offline smav

•  55 55
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2020, 04:33:45 PM »
Does any one know where the items list for the various button down or up functions are stored? After looking how some of the other button functions are created I believe the display work envelope is probably correct but it does not check the box for "draw limits" in the tool path display window properties. So I assumer either the action currently selected is not the right one and not in the list or the one selected needs a script created or repaired to function properly.
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2020, 03:15:09 AM »
You can turn on/off 'Draw Limits' using the following code. You will need to replace 'toolpath1' with the name of your toolpath if it is different.

To turn off
scr.SetProperty('toolpath1', 'Draw Limits', '0')

To turn on
scr.SetProperty('toolpath1', 'Draw Limits', '1')

Offline smav

•  55 55
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2020, 10:54:51 AM »
Thanks for the help with that. I will try that out......thanks

Offline smav

•  55 55
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2020, 08:57:25 PM »
Thanks SwiftyJ....I added that to the button click script for the "Display Work Envelope" button and now it changes states and will turn the soft limits extents box on and off....thanks for the help