Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 04:03:33 AM

Author Topic: New pc not working  (Read 2853 times)

Re: New pc not working
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2020, 07:35:43 AM »
Tried new cable.
The machine stops moving at line 5 but the computer continues reading the code and moving the dro. The machine doesnt turn off, it just stops following commands.
I can return to zero
I can make single moves in midi mode.
I have tried approx 15 versions of mach3. Back to using the one the machine came with since i know its compatible.

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2020, 07:46:35 AM »
can you please post your Profile XML?
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2020, 10:08:02 AM »
G00 g49 g40.1 g17 g80 g50 g90
G20
M6 T1
M03 S12000
G00 x1.7633 z0.0120 A23.485
G01 x1.7571 z0.0101 A24.810 f5
X1.7561 Z0.0095 A24.324

Lots of x1 lines next.
But, like i said, i know the code works 100% positive. Cut this code hundreds of times on this machine.
Check your settings regarding the A axis (rotary ?)
F5 is mighty slow if angular. Tenths will click by on the DRO's, but actual movement will creep and can appear motionless depending on the axis resolutions.
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2020, 05:41:15 PM »
thanks for looking at this tps.
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2020, 05:46:37 PM »
I dont know about f5 and what it does. i can tell you the machine moves plenty fast for the micro bit i am using. when i speed it up i would get more damaged rods due to broken bits. I don't think its moving at such a slow rate i cant see it. i am able to bump the speed up dramatically to do virtual cuts and it still just sits there after line5. i got my hands on a new parallel cable, that didn't make any difference either.
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2020, 06:17:30 PM »
Its not in your preamble, but are you using G93 or G94 ?
Do you see any message inn the status line ?
If in G93 (which would be likely) there needs to be an F word on each line.
Otherwise it will pause as you are seeing.

MDI G94 then try your code again.

Offline pgh3

•  28 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2020, 06:56:46 PM »
When you re-install Mach3 (you say, 15 times?), do you calibrate the stepper motors in the Motor Tuning section of Config?
Also, to you reset all the Ports and Pins. Can you tell us what the pulse per units are for the X, Y, Z and A axes are?
This will give us an idea of how many pulses are needed per unit on each axis.
Regards,
Peter
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2020, 02:04:52 AM »
Each time i reinstall, the only motor tuning needed is a axis needs more speed.
Step pulses. I think its either zero, or 45k. Not sure the question. I am pulsing 45k. When i click motor tuning, each axis says 0 step pulse.
Theres no error codes in the status bar when i press start. No idea what F means but this machine ran for 10years without it.

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2020, 02:22:14 AM »
i had a look to your Profile XML. Looks fine so far.
only in motortuning is a 0 for Step Pulse (all axis).
IMHO there should be something from 2 to 5.

Looks like your machine has a BOB witch Needs Charge Pump enabled,
so the Step Pulse might not be necessary, but you can give it a try.

next step would be to check pulse signals and Charge pump Signal via oscilloscope
i think and also check the signals to be 5V not 3.3V, because older parallel ports used
to be 5v and newer ones 3.3v.

That is the only idea i have for the Moment.
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.

Offline pgh3

•  28 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2020, 02:40:43 AM »
I think Mach3 defaults to 25kHz as a base computer frequency and this suits most installations.
You ran a machine with a F setting (even though you didn't know it): it would not run without it! It tells the machine the Feed rate or how many units per time for all movements.
I run my machines with (typically) 700 mm/min, depending on what I'm cutting. Moving a cutter down onto a job, the rate would be 200 mm/min, for example.
Your machine knew what feed rate has been applied for it to move any axis: it didn't run for 10 years without it.
There are many parameters and settings in Mach3 that must be applied for the machine to run correctly. When your computer crashed, the settings may or may not be retrievable.
Or, you go through the process and set the machine up again. From your statements and questions, I am thinking this could be a new area for you.
If the machine has not been calibrated or setup in the first place, there will be unpredictable results. Fortunately, in this case, the machine is not moving.
Yes, your program ran for years without a problem - that was with the machine and software aligned correctly. But that has changed with a new install of Mach3.
Have a look at their website for setting up a machine with settings for Ports and Pins, Motor Tuning, General Parameters, etc. They walk you through it.
Regards,
Peter