Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:37:09 AM

Author Topic: Losing computers  (Read 1896 times)

Offline ZASto

•  423 423
    • View Profile
Re: Losing computers
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2020, 04:26:11 AM »
Don,
download Kaspersky Rescue Disk: https://support.kaspersky.com/viruses/krd18 , create bootable USB flash and boot your infected computer from it. The infected computer should be connected to Internet for krd to be able to download latest virus signatures and start scanning.
Krd runs Linux and it will clean your machine.

After that, you should install some good antivirus software before you connect to internet. I would suggest you ESET NOD32: https://www.eset.com/us/

Another thing: your computer which is dedicated for CNC machine, should NEVER be connected to Internet. It can be connected to your local LAN and set only one folder as shared where you can save your jobs that you will run on your CNC. Windows update turned off, and no antivirus software installed.

BTW, when it pours, use one of these: https://bluntumbrellas.co.nz/collections/umbrellas :D
Make no mistake between my personality and my attitude.
My personality is who I am.
My attitude depends on who you are.
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2020, 08:46:50 AM »
I probably should order a few umbrellas!  I have 3 cnc machines. 1 lathe running Mach3, I mill on Mach3, and another mill still on hurco bx control. Both Mach units have dedicated PCs in each control panel. Lathe on win xp, parallel port and steppers. It needs spindle bearing. It’s been down 2 years so I don’t know it that pc is ok. The first mill has the pc I originally posted about. Running win7 ess, and servos.  Both those are in the shop and don’t ever see the internet. The only other pc I have is this laptop that I write cnc programs on the move them to the machines via a usb drive. The plan is to up grade the mill to Mach4 and maybe the lathe after repair and replacing the steppers with servos and adding a motion controller. Hence my original question, what are the thoughts behind getting a new laptop and using it for both writing programs and running the machines. It would never be used for anything else other than maybe the servo tuning software or the plc software and wouldn’t be connected to the internet while running cnc and only Mach4 not 3. Or am I creating an eggs in one basket scenario?  Can I get away only buying one Mach4 license that way and create different profiles? Or can I use a Mach4 license on 2 PCs and demo mode on the programing pc like I do now with Mach3?
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2020, 01:39:17 PM »
Hi,
I have a dedicated PC for my Mach4 machine but also I have run it via the ESS with my laptop, so yes it is possible to
run a machine with a laptop which can and does get used for CAD/CAM and general srfing...and writing on forums.

Mach4Hobby allows you up to five licensed PC's for each Mach4Hobby purchase, so you could have different machines
with different PC's no trouble. You can also have multiple profiles, say one for your mill and one for your lathe and just
use the one laptop to run both.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'