Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:27:54 PM

Author Topic: Buggy config in mach4  (Read 801 times)

Buggy config in mach4
« on: May 23, 2021, 11:47:45 AM »
Hi Guys,
 In my ongoing saga trying to get a smooth toolchange working, i have found that the radio buttons for config>control>tools keeps reverting to t on m6 line is next tool! i have reset this multiple times but it keeps reverting back to the same setting.
Has anyone experienced this before?

Offline gorf23

•  183 183
    • View Profile
Re: Buggy config in mach4
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2021, 04:44:21 PM »
Not sure if its the same problem but mach4 versions after 4612, i have had a dro issue if i change the value and hit return it changes back to the original value so can't get it to update to the newly entered value..
I did create a ticket with mach4 about a month ago but never herd back form support so i reinstall 4612 and that version seems to work...

Offline Stuart

•  311 311
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2021, 02:36:02 AM »
glad its not just me "gorf23" I to sent in a ticket about the same time note I use Industrial ver and the reply was why are you using a dev ver ( it was on a test install not the working one )

so that was helpful a far better response would have been " we have logged the report "
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2021, 03:14:06 AM »
If this happens it's the parameter.ini file in your profile. Just replace it and it will sort the issue

Edit: This will fix the Tool change radio button, not sure about the DRO issue
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 03:17:09 AM by SwiftyJ »

Offline Stuart

•  311 311
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2021, 11:56:12 AM »
SwiftyJ
alas I think is deeper than that as a test I did a new clean install with a version later than 4612

DRO's on the offset page are as you would expect 0 change any and they revert to 0

yes if to edit the ini file to your new number it sicks so I think its not updating the ini file

that why I said my test install

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2021, 10:47:11 AM »
If this happens it's the parameter.ini file in your profile. Just replace it and it will sort the issue

Edit: This will fix the Tool change radio button, not sure about the DRO issue
Perfect, it worked! thanks so much i now have a useful tool change lol..
tried mach support but they are pretty bad, closing my ticket all the time because it was easier!