Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:02:21 PM

Author Topic: XHC Pendant WHB04B-4  (Read 11203 times)

Re: XHC Pendant WHB04B-4
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2019, 02:34:27 PM »
Hi,
what the hell, I had mine shipped from the US to New Zealand, that's about as far apart as you can get on a sphereical
planet....and it got here no problems. Italy is a reasonably well known address....if you order one you'll probably get it!
Tax?....blame your government!!

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2019, 06:04:32 PM »
I do blaim the Italian government!
Not a big deal anyway, I'll get it from Amazon.. ;)

By the way, happy new year!
In New Zealand it will be almost noon, here we are having fireworks everywhere now!!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 06:19:30 PM by Adriano »
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2019, 07:47:26 PM »
Hi,
peak of summer here and we take a dim view of fireworks at this time of year for fear of fire, doesn't stop
some people.

Craig
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2020, 02:22:34 AM »
Hi,
what the hell, I had mine shipped from the US to New Zealand, that's about as far apart as you can get on a sphereical
planet....and it got here no problems. Italy is a reasonably well known address....if you order one you'll probably get it!
Tax?....blame your government!!

Craig

As I supposed getting the P4-S Pendant in Italy won't be cheap... Amazon USA does not ship to Italy, Ebay does but the piece will cost 380 USD.....

MMMMM I'm evaluating what to buy then....
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2020, 02:35:08 AM »
Hi,
why the P4? That's the most expensive pendant they make.

I have a P1A, the one WITHOUT the LCD screen, and it works perfectly and $159USD list verses $289USD for the P4SE which
has an LCD and a keypad. Thankyou, but I don't need an LCD or a keypad as I already have a PC!!!

Craig
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2020, 03:05:04 PM »
I asked Vista CNC to send and invoice it to my company...  ;D

today I re-installed all the software and got rid of XHC pendant setup.... for now I control everything with the keyboardm and the system is pretty stable and reliable on movements... I'm satisfied....

It would have been good to read some stuff on this forum before buying porducts from XHC like the controller (which works well enough but there is no comprehensive documentation about it) and this pendant....
on the download section, there are lots of plugins of good stuff, like a professional 4 axis controller for about 250 EUR.... better than paying 140 EUR for the XHC...
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2020, 01:26:45 AM »
Hi,

there are lots of plugins of good stuff, like a professional 4 axis controller for about 250 EUR....

if you buy on price you'll get stung again.

If you must buy another controller buy one that has a Mach4 plugin. They are:

Ethernet SmoothStepper by Warp9TD
UC100, UC300, UC400 by CNCDrive (watch out for cheap Chinese fake UC100's, get genuine or don't bother)
57CNC,57CNCdb25 by PoKeys
PMDX-411, PMDX-424 by PMDX
Hicon Integra by Vital Systems
DMC40x..., DMC41x... by Galil

CSMIO by CSLabs, note the Mach4 plugin is buggy and the company have 'gone off song' and don't appear to be to fussed
about fixing it. Given the price, hard to recommend despite excellent build quality.

XHC make a Mach4 ready controller....buggy as hell, avoid like the plague!

Craig
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2020, 10:57:51 AM »
now I have the XHC MK3-ET controller, which works fine enough but I realize that it is was not a good purchase (but when I did it I though it was much better than others like Novusun Nvem or generic ones).

Surfing around Machsupport website i discovered the CSMIO/IP-M by CS-LAB which is not that expensive (EUR 229+VAT) and should be a kind of professional product... the 5 and 6 axis brothers are way more expensive thou.

I would control it with Mach3 for now, but would be better to get something mach4 ready....
So should I have troubles with the XHC, I would buy something like this... and the list you made is good to start from....

for now I got rid of the XHC pendant, I'll put it on Ebay!

Regards,
Adrian
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2020, 01:52:30 PM »
Hi,

Surfing around Machsupport website i discovered the CSMIO/IP-M by CS-LAB which is not that expensive (EUR 229+VAT) and should be a kind of professional product... the 5 and 6 axis brothers are way more expensive thou.

My opinion of CSMIO products is somewhat tarnished. CSLabs had a market leading reputation for build quality and support.
In more recent times that support has diminished greatly, maybe change of personal. Another possibility is that they are developing
their own CNC software solution and their support for Mach has taken a back seat. Their Mach3 plugin is pretty complete
and that is a  viable solution. I think however you will be disappointed in the restricted feature set of the CSMIO/M.
If you are going to consider Mach4 then CSLabs lack of commitment to creating a bug free Mach4 plugin is very evident.

Notwithstanding the build quality which remains high I think the diminished support and buggy Mach4 plugin make CSMIO
hard to recommend at the prices demanded by them. Other manufacturers, Warp9TD, PMDX, PoKeys and CNCDrive all
produce cheaper boards with excellent support and a demonstrated commitment to Mach4.

Craig
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2020, 10:44:00 AM »

Notwithstanding the build quality which remains high I think the diminished support and buggy Mach4 plugin make CSMIO
hard to recommend at the prices demanded by them. Other manufacturers, Warp9TD, PMDX, PoKeys and CNCDrive all
produce cheaper boards with excellent support and a demonstrated commitment to Mach4.

Craig

Hi Craig, as it seems like you have a good experience on drivers I write to you again for asking advice...
I installed the P4-S pendant, It works great.....
now I have other issues to face, and don't know if this time the problem is the controller board...
it happens when I joge the X and Y axis manually;
Yesterday I was cutting a piece of wood as a try and I moved Y axis forward by 550mm;
when I moved back the axis by 550mm I didn't get to 0 point.... It missed something like 7mm!!!

The X and Y axis are run by professional Yaskawa servo+motor kit, so when a certain amount of steps are given to the servo, it is sure it will do that amount of steps...

I noticed that when I move the axis on "velocity mode" the acceleration is not that smooth; the axis does not accelerate smoothly as I accelerate the pendant rotation; instead it moves like a car that changes gear with no clutch!!

I will try to chang axis speed settings as well pendant setting in order to see if there is a wrong setting, however I doubt the the controller is just *********.... maybe I may change to CNC Technics Breakoutboard 3.4 + ESS Smoothstepper ....

Have you got any suggestions to give on software/parameter setup check-up before I go chang the hardware?