Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 06:00:22 AM

Author Topic: Cycle G83 in the Lathe version creates a collision  (Read 2538 times)

Re: Cycle G83 in the Lathe version creates a collision
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2020, 01:48:58 PM »
I can confirm g83 exhibits odd behavior, I'm using with pmdx411 controller.

RT
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2020, 03:54:11 PM »
thanks for participating.
it's not just strange.
tool collides rapidly when returning to the hole.
even the G84 has strange and unpleasant behaviors, rather often it makes sudden uncontrolled shots.
If the G76 cycle is repeated several times, even without any modification or tool correction, it will ruin the created thread.
I really like Mach4! therefore I want it to work perfectly!
because remember that Mach4 is not a videogame, it is a controller of machine tools !!
and repeat.
I have no skills and knowledge to judge who the cause is.
Mach4 or the plugin.
I am a mechanic with a passion for cnc machines.
the only thing I know is that after spending about 1400 euros between only controller and license I expected much more.
said I don't rule out my sub-optimal settings.
for this reason I wanted to compare the results of these tests with other forum users, to understand and understand better.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 04:08:13 PM by daniba73 »
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2020, 04:18:13 PM »
Hi,

the only thing I know is that after spending about 1400 euros between only controller and license I expected much more.

You bought an expensive controller without doing your homework, CSLabs support for Mach4 and their customers has taken a dive.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2020, 04:22:30 PM »
please explain yourself better.
I have to use Google translate.
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2020, 04:53:31 PM »
Hi,
CSLabs have not been very proactive in correcting their Mach4 plugin for their controller.

CSLabs are trying to promote their own software and have largely ignored Mach4. It has taken over a year for a plugin update
and it still doesn't address all the bugs. For 600 Euro I think that's pretty poor, in fact that sounds like a Chinese rip-off to me.

Craig

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,672 2,672
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2020, 08:20:58 PM »
I am told by technical that the issue has been resolved ready for the next update.
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2020, 12:32:47 AM »
thanks for the support you are exceptional!
now I want to understand who is responsible for the G76 and G84.
the plugin or Mach4?
on the G84 I convinced a friend to purchase a new license for Mach4. as controller it has analog CSMIO IP A because it has adapted a CNC milling machine.
this G84 works very badly and I feel a little guilty for having convinced the friend, considering that he spent even more.
on the issue that they are focused on developing their software, they are not to blame, it is their commercial choice.
however if you tell me that it is compatible with Mach4, it must be perfectly! because the money we paid was valid.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 12:44:13 AM by daniba73 »
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2020, 12:55:44 AM »
Hi,

however if you tell me that it is compatible with Mach4, it must be perfectly! because the money we paid was valid.

That is rather the point, they claim to have a working Mach4 solution, and it must be said its not bad but it is far from
perfect. I doubt in fact if there is ANY controller that could be deemed perfect however there are a number that do a
better job the CSMIO. This is a great pity because CSLabs had a very VERY good reputation for quality, functionality
and support. The quality remains but the functionality lags behind others and support sucks. They also demand quite
a premium for their product....could you be satisfied?.

now I want to understand who is responsible for the G76 and G84.
the plugin or Mach4?

I cannot answer that, as in a lot of realtime ops, drill cycles included, it is a co-operative venture between the motion controller
and Mach4. It may be that there is fault on both sides. The fact that RT concludes as you do but with a different motion controller
suggests that Mach4 is at fault.

Perhaps someone from NFS would like to explain, at least in general terms, whats going on.

Craig
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2020, 02:05:37 AM »
my friend has just informed me that he has received a response from cslab.
CSMIO IP A does not currently support G84 with Mach4.
they don't know for sure if it can be done, they have to investigate.
they informed that the rigid tapping feature works perfectly with Mach3 and their M84 macros available on their website.
this answer left us with a bitter taste.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 02:08:12 AM by daniba73 »

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2020, 05:20:33 PM »
Build 4369 addresses the G83 issue. 

G84 is regular right hand tapping meant to be used with a floating tap holder.  G84.2 (RH) and G84.3 (LH) are the rigid tapping variants. 

G84 and G74 can be turned into rigid tapping cycles by issuing a M29 prior to the call to G84 or G74.  G80 is the antidote to M29, so after a G80, M29 will need to again be called before G84 or G74 to rigid tap.

G84/G74 should be supported by all motion controllers because there are no real time requirements.  You will need a floating tap holder.  Rigid tapping, on the other hand, does have to be supported by the motion controller.  Not all motion controllers support rigid tapping (and possibly lathe threading), so it is prudent to check with the manufacturer of the controller to make sure it is supported if you need that feature. 

Steve