Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 08:30:06 PM

Author Topic: Unlicensed Mach4 on desktop?  (Read 45915 times)

Offline rcaffin

•  1,054 1,054
    • View Profile
Re: Unlicensed Mach4 on desktop?
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2019, 05:25:48 PM »
There are many software packages that work exactly that way,
To be sure, but they are not controlling a Real Time system! I dare say many of us have seen the 'Run out of data' error message a few times. You can lose a 4 hour milling operation that way - and break cutters.

Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Enterprise can both have updates disabled.
My understanding is that the 'disable' does not work too well. At one stage I believe they were downloading the update regardless and then deciding whether or not to install it.
Me, I am running stock W7 with as much turned off as possible and no internet connection at all. Actually, there is no internet in the workshop.  It works.

Australia - yeah. Fires - yeah. Our farm.

Cheers

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2019, 05:56:38 PM »
Hi,

Holy s*********t.....that looks bad. I'm not really a religious sort of person but I'll pray for rain for you guys.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline rcaffin

•  1,054 1,054
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2019, 06:57:46 PM »
Yeah, it's not good. So far it has burnt over 5 million hectares (>12.3 million acres). It could be months before those fires are out.

The fire fighting is being done by volunteers in the Rural Fire Brigades. I was one once. They are getting a bit tired: 12 hour shifts.

So our Prime Minister thought it would be a good time to take a week or two of holiday in Hawaii. It was a PR disaster of course, so he came back and cuddled orphan koala bears for the cameras. But he still wants to start new coal mines.

Meanwhile, towns in Australia are running out of water - literally, because of the drought and the extreme pumping by big irrigators - often illegally. But the gov't does not wish to cut them off.

Cheers
Roger
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2019, 07:21:13 PM »
Hi Roger,
I'm sorry to say it but Australia has more to risk than most when it comes to global warming yet successive governments
are underplaying it, not perhaps as brazenly as the US but still... New Zealand cannot claim to be doing any better.

My folks live in central Victoria, and by their own description have had a better run than the north of the state and NSW
but my mother told me they had 44.30C the other day. If the power went off I think that would kill them, they are
nearly 90.

Craig

Offline rcaffin

•  1,054 1,054
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2019, 08:28:50 PM »
90 and still at home?
They must be tough.
Sit in the bathtub with cold water.

Brazen? Trump, Boris and Morrison - all totally corrupt and contemptible.

Cheers
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2019, 11:28:28 PM »
Hi,
we have a fairly young (nearly 40) women as Prime Minister. I don't pretend to support her party, being essentially 'tax
and spend', however of all the things she may be, she is NOT CORRUPT.

Integrity I can respect, even if I don't agree with the person.

Craig