Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:02:14 AM

Author Topic: threading?  (Read 1143 times)

threading?
« on: December 10, 2019, 04:49:29 PM »
Hi, I know this has been asked many times before, but hopefully someone has cracked the problem.
I am not a PC nut, just a user. Before retirement I owned 5 cnc lathes from american ultra precision lathes up to Dean Smith & Grace cnc 50 lathe, Plus 7 24 station tool changing machining centers.
So since retiring I have been given a Denford Orac lathe. This was dead in the electronics department, so all in the skip and install new steppers and drives from CNC4you using one of their KK01 BoB. Everything works ok on Mach3 demo apart from the output from the KK01 for the index system only puts out 3.5 volts so it will not operate the receiver side of the sensor. But I am working on this.
My question is  "Has anyone got Mach3 turn or mach4 to screw cut without having to have an electronics expert on hand."

I will buy a licence if it is worth it.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: threading?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2019, 08:17:51 PM »
My question is  "Has anyone got Mach3 turn or mach4 to screw cut without having to have an electronics expert on hand."

YES :)

RICH
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2019, 08:28:30 AM »
Hi Rich,
Thanks for responding. Do you have any advice as how I should proceed. Any tips regarding settings, pins, outputs, inputs etc would be greatly appreciated.
Mick.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2019, 02:55:14 PM »
Mick,
Threading doesn't work in the DEMO mode you need a license. If you are using a PP you will need 5 volts to trigger the index
if I recall correctly. Have a read of Threading on the Lathe that I wrote. Should be in Members Doc's and may actually be in the MACH3 directory on your pc.

For now.......Take Care,
RICH
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2019, 05:33:30 PM »
Thanks rich, I will give it a read.
Mick.
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2019, 03:25:41 PM »
Hi Rich,
I have spent half an hour going through your "threading on the lathe" document, WOW. I was expecting a couple of one liners. Wrong.
You have obviously spent many hours on this article and have covered it big style.
When I am ready I will buy a license and try and do justice to your work. Thanks.
mick