Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:13:04 PM

Author Topic: Mach4 with XHC ethernet motion card  (Read 1760 times)

Mach4 with XHC ethernet motion card
« on: December 05, 2019, 09:52:49 AM »
So I have a cnc machine that has a Wi XHC ethernet motion card.  I have attached a picture of it.  I am trying to figure out if there is a plugin that I can use to make it work with Mach4 or Mach3.   I am a complete newbie and I am just trying to get started.  I have been reading as much as possible.  Any help or suggestions to help me get started in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Paul
Re: Mach4 with XHC ethernet motion card
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2019, 10:14:09 AM »
Hi,
XHC produce Mach3 an Mach4 capable boards, that one is an example of a Mach3 board.

The XHC Mach4 board plugin is that buggy that to my knowledge no-one uses it....and the company seem to have no inclination
to fix it.

Lack of product support is a recurring theme with Chinese made boards and XHC in particular. I would recommend a US or
European made board like an Ethernet SmoothStepper or UC300.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2019, 10:47:13 AM »
Hi Craig,

Thanks so much for the reply.  If I was to replace the card I currently have Ethernet SmoothStepper would it be possible with the rest of the equipment I have.

Assuming I could find out the x,y and z pin mapping on the Ethernet SmoothStepper card do you think the rest of the equipment would be compatible?    I have attached a few more pictures.
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2019, 12:32:17 PM »
Hi,

If I was to replace the card I currently have Ethernet SmoothStepper would it be possible with the rest of the equipment I have.

Yes it is possible. Note the SmoothStepper and the UC300 both require a breakout board(s) A breakout board is just an
amplifier/buffer and allows you to attach wires with screw terminals.

Simple breakout boards like the C10 are $23 each right up to the MB3 for $180 depending on the sophistication and features you want.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline gme

•  16 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2019, 01:40:06 PM »
FWIW, I use a PMDX 126 ($174) with my ESS.  It has a mount for, and supplies power to, the PMDX 107 ($54), which is is a spindle control interface.  It has isolated analog outputs to the VFD.  This combination works well with Mach4.

Gary
The old man and the C - - -NC