Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 02:46:28 AM

Author Topic: Mach 4 liniar automatic tool change  (Read 2568 times)

Re: Mach 4 liniar automatic tool change
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2019, 03:32:06 PM »
Mach 4 Expert can support up to 6 planners.

Well Gosh, you have certainly piqued my interest! I doubt I could afford to play with it, but I am always interested in hearing about the capabilities of Mach.
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2019, 05:51:05 PM »
Hi,
yep....me too!

It would be even more intriguing if there were motion controllers that had 16 synchronized motors as smurph has suggested.
Then you could have an override axis from one motion planner operating on top of an axis nominally controlled by another planner...
the possibillites are endless.

The potential for Mach4 to get into highly complex production machines is good, not only with Mach4Expert but Mach4Ethercat.
I hope NFS succeeds in breaking into those markets, we as hobbyists are likely to ride on those coat-tails.

Craig.
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2019, 10:32:55 PM »
I have similar neded ,with cnc ,and labeling station that have 2 axiss ,and need work while the 3 axiss cnc run,i solve it with 2 computers ,that conect together ,and one c# app that controls the both mach ,by api
So at the end user see only one screen cant mistake
It wasnt easy but now work perfect,and i install it this days on other 2 machines
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2019, 08:06:36 AM »
Hello
KatzYaakov you can detail a little how you managed to do it, put some pictures with the final screen ...
The PC must be exactly the same, same configuration?
I currently have a problem with the script for positioning the Y axis at certain fixed points when calling the tools.
For example, when I call the tool 1 (T0101) the Y axis moves 550 mm from the origin, for the tool 2 (T0202) it moves 500 mm and so on.
When I was younger I did programming in visual basic but this LUA kills me.
Thanks
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2019, 09:40:59 AM »
Daniel,

I don't know why I didn't think of this before, but I have done a few jobs which required me to use my mill as a vertical CNC lathe. I had many tools on the table, some clamped in the vise, others mounted elsewhere on the table.

Rather than using a M06 T## to change between tools, I flipped everything around. I used work offsets to give the machine the X,Y,Z coordinates of the 0,0 location on every tool, then I used the tool offsets to handle my different lengths of stock (held in tool holders).

This is a little backwards, but the functionality is exactly what you need to handle your tool changes.
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2019, 04:45:55 PM »
Daniel
do you mean how control 2 mach4 "machines" by one c# application with the Api?
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2019, 01:59:30 AM »
Mcardoso, I don't think I have work offsets in the lathe, I found only tool offsets but not work offsets.

KatzYaakov    "do you mean how control 2 mach4 "machines" by one c# application with the Api?"
Yes, and I'm curious about how the control screen looks like also.
And through the application in C # you can synchronize the two "machines", meaning, when Z1 goes to +, Z2 goes to -, synchronized ?!
And how does the application make distinction in the G Code X axis from the first "machine" from the X axis from the second "machine" !?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 02:01:45 AM by DanielS »
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2019, 09:16:14 AM »
Use the milling screenset then and just edit it to only show what you need for the lathe. In this case you may want to use work offsets and call them "Tool Offsets" then not even use the real tool offsets.
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2019, 09:57:46 AM »
My problem is that I have to use M6 T ##, because I want the machine to be programmed and operate almost like the original.
I have 11 tools on the Y axis and 7 tools on the A axis
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2020, 02:59:50 AM »
Hello
Update:
I solved with the tool positioning part and it seems that it was not the problem with the programming but with the fact that I try to do this in the demo version.
I thought the demo didn't let you run G code longer than I don't know how many lines, but it seems that it doesn't respond too well to modifying scripts. I did so because I wanted to test everything before uploading the script in the licensed version, but it seems that I will have to work in the licensed version.