Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:55:55 AM

Author Topic: Pokeys57e & M-16 PROBLEMS  (Read 2188 times)

Pokeys57e & M-16 PROBLEMS
« on: December 02, 2019, 08:40:33 PM »
I have a cnc lathe controlled with a  M-16  with the Pokeys 57e .I am using a Lichuan AC servo and Lichuan B-2 drive to control my spindle .Currently I can not thread . I can control the the spindle speed and direction . I am using G76 for threading and once the machine gets to the second line of G76 all motion stops with no error codes. I do have an encoder connected and index is mapped in Mach4 .When I check the diagnostics page the light for index dose not blink .If I set index as active low light is on constantly and never blinks if I uncheck active low light never comes on .I really need some help to get this fixed .If someone has a m16 running an encoder can you please tell me if the index light blinks on the diagnostics page Thank you
Re: Pokeys57e & M-16 PROBLEMS
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2022, 07:56:37 PM »
Hi, I appreciate this post was a few years ago. But I have had the same issue and have been told by Pokeys that direction and pulse does not work for threading on the lathe. They are trying to find a solution but not for the immediate future.

I am trying to control the servo with 0-10v, which would allow threading. But am having problems with enabling and the servo direction. The 0-10v to the servo works fine.

If you had a solution I would be interested to hear it.

Thanks.
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2022, 09:26:42 PM »
What type of servo driver and brand are you using ?
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2022, 08:08:39 AM »
Hi,

I have a Lichuan LCMT- 26M02- 130M10025 with the B2 servo drive and as mentioned driving it with 0-10v pwm using Pokeys 57CNC.

I have managed to sort out the direction control and understand the enabling of the servo itself but not the method using the Pokeys board. I understand that the axis have enable pins so I suppoose I could just use one of those when clicking the enable button within Mach4. i would have liked to have done it with another pin but my understanding of Lua and coding is crap. I can manage a little ESP32 Python and thats it.

I do have a problem with the 0-10v. The servo acts and displays as though it only getting half the value of the pwm. The pwm voltage seems fine at the servo input, but once switched on drops significantly. 

Thanks.

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2022, 10:45:55 AM »
You have to re-program your servo driver to use speed mode .When you buy them they are set up for step and direction . Get out your manual for the drive and it will show which parameters to change to put in in speed mode .In speed mode you can control with 0- 10 volts .I use the M-16 relays to spin the motor forward and reverse .
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2022, 10:52:44 AM »
Mine is connected like this.
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2022, 08:24:46 AM »
Hi,

I am aware of the need to re-program the servo and have now set one of the axis in Mach4 to use relay 2 to enable it. 0-10v will then start. I do like the fact that it is enabled with the enable button in Mach4 rather than being enabled when commanding a speed via M03 ect. No other reason than I just like it that way.

When watching parameter P0.27 (AI1) on the B2 servo driver. I still have the issue with the voltage showing approximately half the commanded voltage. I see 10v at the pokys board, when max speed is requested and also at the B2 driver. So I'm at a loss why it only shows half and as you can imagine it doesn't drive the servo at the requested speeds. If you have any ideas as to why it would be appreciated.

I do appreciate your input as it helps to frame my thinking and output.

Daniel

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2022, 08:56:02 AM »
The voltage is based on the speed set if you have Mach set for a max rpm of 3000 . Then in mdi do G97 S3000 MO4 HIT CYCLE START . Now you should see 10 volts if not there is a adjustable pot on the M16 card to adjust output voltage . See image that is the out put voltage adjustment be very careful these boards are very delicate how do I know I have f-ed up 3 .....Its the blue dial above the relays. Good luck sir.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 09:02:24 AM by gabedrummin »