Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 11:32:04 PM

Author Topic: Mach4 laser profile  (Read 1405 times)

Mach4 laser profile
« on: November 02, 2019, 02:06:28 PM »
Hi guys
i'm running laser engraver using pokeyscnc57 and mach4
i observed that there is kind of delay with the G-code execution when i'm using M command so i'm getting bad laser engraving.

may be this happened because i'm using Mach4 router profile
so my question is there Mach4 laser profile?
if not what should i do to solve above issue?

in Mach4 software description website page it is mentioned but can't understand what does it mean?
The standard Mach4 installer contains the screens and profiles to run Mills, Drills, Lathes, Routers, Tangential knife, Plasma, and 3D Printer machines. The full list of machines being controlled by Mach4 is much longer, but these machines can quickly be setup with the profiles and screens available in the standard Mach4 installer. Laser is the next machine to get a full profile for easy setup.

https://www.machsupport.com/software/mach4/

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,199 9,199
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Mach4 laser profile
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2019, 02:10:25 AM »
Hi Armature,

To avoid the unwanted burn marks at the start and end of laser engraved lines a high speed switching system was introduced within Mach4 by the use of the M62 / M63 command set.
As an example - I have Output#1 configured to the Port and Pin used to switch my laser TTL(L) so the command M62P1 will turn my laser ON and the command M63P1 will turn it OFF. Each of these commands needs to be followed by an axis movement for them to take effect and they are also required to be enabled by M03 being active within the Gcode file.
I have attached a demo Gcode so you can see these commands in action (there are a few unnecessary M62P1 and M63P1 commands within the file which was created by the CAD / CAM Post Processor but they are not detrimental to it’s operation).

Not all motion controllers are equal and each may have their own specific methods for handling the M62 / M63 commands so please check with the manufacturer’s documentation for exact details.

Tweakie.

PEACE

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,199 9,199
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Mach4 laser profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2019, 04:47:45 AM »
By way of an update to my earlier post…

Although I have a 57CNC controller I have never used it with Mach4 and a laser. You need to check with PoLabs because they said back in 2015 that they are considering supporting ‘motion-synchronized commands’ (M62/M63) but I do not know if they actually completed the task and incorporated it into their Mach4 plugin.

Tweakie.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 07:38:36 AM by Tweakie.CNC »
PEACE