Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 10:08:33 PM

Author Topic: Mach 2 freezing right after loading my profile  (Read 5366 times)

Offline Bobo

•  41 41
    • View Profile
    • Haus Metalworks
Mach 2 freezing right after loading my profile
« on: April 03, 2006, 12:28:36 PM »
Funny thing. Everything was working great. Drew a couple of scorpions, then the next day the program freezes right after I load the profile. If I'm very to quick to hit a reset everything will work fine, otherwise the whole computer locks up. Nothing new has been loaded.
Re: Mach 2 freezing right after loading my profile
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 01:53:52 PM »
Did you turn anything on in Mach3?
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline Bobo

•  41 41
    • View Profile
    • Haus Metalworks
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 02:58:09 PM »
Sorry if my responses seem ignorant, I'm new to all this. I usually don't get past loading the session profile and it freezes the computer right after the main window of Mach comes up. All was working fine the day before. I just got the X and Y axis running on my homebuilt plasma table and have been drawing things on paper with a pencil mounted in place of the torch.
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 07:51:04 PM »
Is this in XP or 2000?
thank you
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline Bobo

•  41 41
    • View Profile
    • Haus Metalworks
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2006, 09:16:29 AM »
XP.

It's kinda funny I have several other XP computer with no machine connected and the ones running XP are freezing now and they were not before. I have a laptop with win 2000 and It does not freeze when running Mach2. All are hooked up to the same network, some wired some wireless.

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2006, 10:33:58 AM »
Hi Bob:

Im curious, does it lock up if you load Mach3Turn? It sounds like one of the settings is screwing somethign up, it may take createing a fresh profile to find it..

Regards,
Art

Offline Bobo

•  41 41
    • View Profile
    • Haus Metalworks
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2006, 11:13:05 AM »
No, it seems to only be locking up when I load the SoundLogic profile from Bob Campbells site. Funny thing is it worked fine with it before. Now even if I reload the original Soundlogic profile it locks up, but not on my windows 2000 machine. I guess I'll just load 2000 on my cnc computer. And when I say lock up, sometimes it freezes and then comes back to life for a brief moment and freezes again, if in that brief moment I can hit the reset button the machine will run fine.

Mach2 seems like a great program by the way. I was very impressed I was able to buy all these components hook it all up and start drawing things so quickly being a newbie to all this.

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2006, 11:35:22 AM »
Hi:

Might be some script or another. I cant think of why the lockup only on thaty profile, but if it locks on more than one computer, send me the profile, Ill see if it locks here.. :), if it locks for me, I can usually fix it..

Art

Offline Bobo

•  41 41
    • View Profile
    • Haus Metalworks
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2006, 10:14:38 AM »
I am in the process of rebuilding my machine control computer. Attached is the profile that locked on several of my computers running XP.