G-Code, CAD, and CAM > G-Code, CAD, and CAM discussions

sainsmart 3018 MX3 laser does not immediately honour M3/M5

(1/4) > >>

lawrencek:
The laser does not immediately obey M2 and M5.
(I'm Using Freecad, which does not issue motor off when G0.
So I edited the file and added M3/M5 at the correct places.)

Problem - the laser comes on before the G0's are complete, and
goes off before the cutting is complete.

I have added G4 P 2 commands and this fixes the problem, but the
laser is on for a short time before moving and after stopping.

Why do I need these delays (using PWM). Can I not turn the laser off/on
immediately. I also notice the delay when I press "spindle CW F5".

I saw that I could use M10 or M11 to do this but I cannot set this up.

Sainsmart say that Drufel (another CNC controller S/W does not have this problem.

Lawrence

Tweakie.CNC:
Hi Lawrence,

The M3/M5 commands are far too slow for laser work and that is why the M11/M10 commands were introduced.
The M11/M10 commands need to specify an Output# and be followed by an axis (any axis) movement to take effect then the laser is only turned ON and OFF consistent with an axis movement.

In my case I am using Output#1 to switch my laser and so my commands would be M11P1 to turn the laser ON and M10P1 to turn the laser OFF. To initialise the laser I also need an M3 at the start of the Gcode.

If it is any help I have attached your code which has been modified to suit the M11/M10 commands.

Tweakie.

lawrencek:
Thanks for the reply, and especially for modifying my code for me.

Since iy is a OEM board I do not know which output to select for the M10/M11.

How do I find the output for the laser? I do not have a manual for the board. I could just do trial and error, especially as I have your working code. Are there any settings in MACH3 I should change?

Thanks

Lawrence

Tweakie.CNC:

--- Quote ---Are there any settings in MACH3 I should change?
--- End quote ---

Hi Lawrence,

Are you using the LPT Parallel Port or are you using an external Motion Controller ?
Can you post a picture of your OEM board so it can be identified ?

Tweakie.

lawrencek:
Thanks for your reply.

I am using USB, and I enclose photos of the board. It is "MACH3 controller for mini CNC" and I have versions 1.3 and 3.1. They look basically the same.

If I use drufel CNC :( it shows the board USB number. I am told the Drufel does not have the M3/M5 delay, but I doubt it.

It looks as if output1 is active, and this might be the laser. I will try your file and let you know.

Are there any MACH3 setting I should know aboit? I have tried them all with M3 and M5.

I would love to get a manual for the board, and even a schematic: 2 boards blew up and I changed the regulator, but I could then find out why.

Thanks for your help.

Lawrence

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version