Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:55:11 PM

Author Topic: Go to Zero extremely slow, please help  (Read 3678 times)

Go to Zero extremely slow, please help
« on: September 10, 2019, 02:10:41 PM »
Hi,

I am new to this forum and really hope someone can help me with the following problem:

I recently bought a cnc plasmatable. Everything worked as it should in 'dry runs' (without the plasma turning on). As I discovered my old plasma source had HF ignition really caused problems with the cnc system. On ignition the conection with the Xulifeng motion Card was lost everytime.  I tried to improve earthing (is this the right term?) but in the end I had to buy a source without HF.

After installing the new source almost everything works as it should. When I run a G-code or use the arrow keys the machine works at normal speeds. If I use the 'go to zero' button however the machine moves extremely slow. Almost invisible movement. I tried to change settings but ran out of ideas.

Could the HF ignition have damaged the hardware? That seems unlogic or strange because the speeds are normal with keys and G-codes? If not damaged, does anyone have an idea how to solve it?

Kind regards
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 02:15:56 PM by Hanjelle »
Re: Go to Zero extremely slow, please help
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 03:00:55 PM »
Hi,
when Mach starts it defaults to a low 6% of max speed.

You can change that by including an F********* word in the initialization string that runs at startup.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 03:22:01 PM »
Hi,
when Mach starts it defaults to a low 6% of max speed.

You can change that by including an F********* word in the initialization string that runs at startup.

Craig

Hi Graig, thank you very much. I tried this option already by including F1000 in the initialzation string. Didn't do a thing unfortunately. I restarted several times but no luck!

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2019, 03:37:25 AM »
Is it possible that the problem is caused by soft limits? My machine does not have physical home switches but worked fine a month ago. Maybe I accidentelly changed setting or something. My table is 2x1 meter. Actual settings in home/soft limits are:

X: no reversed, Soft max 2000, soft min -100, slow zone 1.00, home off 0.000, no home neg, auto zero, speed 100
Y: same but soft max 1000

Everytime I startup the machine I position the machine at the right place and zero X, Y and also the machine coordinates.

Offline ZASto

•  423 423
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2019, 04:48:13 AM »
If your machine have no home switches then soft limits are inoperative.
Make no mistake between my personality and my attitude.
My personality is who I am.
My attitude depends on who you are.
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2019, 04:54:05 AM »
@ZASto

Okay, so that can't be the problem? I was assuming that without the physical switches te machine would use the 'ref all home' zero point as a reference to zero end the soft limits would work with that.

Do you have any other idea what the cause of my problem can be?
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2019, 07:46:02 AM »
  I was assuming that without the physical switches the machine would use the 'ref all home' zero point as a reference to zero end the soft limits would work with that.

You are correct, that is how mine works.

Not sure tho about your speed issue.
Are you running a legal licensed version ?
 :)
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2019, 07:47:24 AM »
Yes, i do have a legal license. So that can't be the problem i think
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2019, 07:51:53 AM »
Rename and post your XML file and I will try to replicate the problem here.
 :)
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2019, 07:54:32 AM »
thank you! I will post it in a few moments