Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:01:00 AM

Author Topic: E-Stop is in effect! Clear the E-Stop condition. When Cycle start is pressed??  (Read 2940 times)

Offline jevs

•  315 315
    • View Profile
Any ideas why I get "E-Stop is in effect!  Clear the E-Stop condition." when I hit the Cycle Start Switch?

I boot up, home the machine, I can jog around, run probing, or whatever, but if I put a command in the MDI and hit cycle start, I get "E-Stop is in effect!  Clear the E-Stop condition.".
I have to hit the E-Stop switch,then pull it back out, enable again, then from there on out the MDI seems to work. It seems to do it only the first time I try to use the Cycle start to issue a command (just doing an M6 T(tool#) to make a tool change).

Using ESS for motion and Pokeys 57E for mechanical input switches. I have a feeling it is a setting somewhere. In the mean time while waiting for some feedback I will dig around. I think I can reproduce it reliably, so that may help.

ESS FPGA Signals>FPGA Input Signals (1)> Estop is not checked in the diagnostic.
FPGA Status>FPGA Status Bits (2)> Estop is not checked in the diagnostic
Pin 18 of my pokeys is lit green (goes low when the E-Stop is hit)
The red LED on the ESS is not indicating it is getting an E-stop
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 08:03:14 PM by jevs »

Offline jevs

•  315 315
    • View Profile
I believe I have solved this.
The MDI is now working the first try every time so far.

Apparently there is some "better" logic between the Pokeys, ESS, and Mach4 that it likes a little better in regards to the E-stop settings.

I changed the Mach4>Control Configuration>Input Signals>E-Stop to Active Low (which is Pokeys pin 18)
and the Pokeys Plugin Configuration>Pokeys Mapping>Pin18>Inv.pin to "X"

They were opposite, which worked, but it seemed to not like it. Oddly enough this also eliminated one of my bootup messages.
It used to go:
-----ESS: Limit Switch triggered on
E-Stop cleared!
E-Stop condition!
E-Stop cleared!

Now it goes
-----ESS: Limit Switch triggered on
E-Stop condition!
E-Stop cleared!

The ESS still flags and acknowledges an E-stop with the red LED, the same as it did before. So, I think all is good now.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 09:24:51 PM by jevs »