Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:43:40 AM

Author Topic: I need help from someone who has installed a Manual Pulse generator  (Read 3466 times)

I installed a second printer port and a second breakout board so I could wire in a FANUC pulse generator. I pulled 5 volts DC power and ground from the machine power supply to the the breakout board. I then connected the "A" channel wired in to pin 11 and "B" channel wired in to pin 10 on the second breakout board. The pulse generator and breakout board share the same power and ground.
But when I power up the machine I have no "X", "Y" or "Z" movement, the Dro's move but noting else happens. If I disconnet the power going to the breakout board everythings goes back to working just fine.

Do I need to find another power supply for my MPG or can I tie these into a 5 volt pin from the breakout board? Any help would be appriciated.

Fred

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: I need help from someone who has installed a Manual Pulse generator
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 06:16:02 PM »
On my mill I just have it connected direct to the second port, no breakout, cant remember where I took the power from but I think its just from the USB or maybe even my breakout for port 1. On my lathe I have it connected via a breakout on the second port and use the breakouts power for the MPG so that is the same as you are doing.
 Sorry I am not much help but at least you know it can be done the way you have it.
Hood

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 08:13:30 PM »
A few simple checks first:

You have enabled MPG #1
You have ports set on 2 and A and B set to 11,12
you set the counts to around 4 to start or did you use mpg setup dialog?
When you hit the Tab key, and the MPG Jog fly out comes out, is "Jogging enabled"?
You have to hit the "control jog" button and have it cycle from continous, to step and finally make sure you are on MPG
Look at your MPG axis selector lights, make sure you have the correct LED for the axis you want.
Make sure the power, ground and A,B leads all goto you Break out board, and you measure 5v on the power of the MPG.

scott
fun times
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 08:19:08 PM »
Thanks for the imput, I can't say for sure just yet, but I checked and doubled checked and I think part of my problem may be in the second printer poet board.

Fred