Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:32:54 AM

Author Topic: Mach4 & Neuron THC  (Read 2931 times)

Offline royce

•  40 40
    • View Profile
Mach4 & Neuron THC
« on: June 29, 2017, 01:47:11 PM »
Has anyone successfully integrated Neuron's THC to Mach 4? It looks like the Neuron (Lite) has complete control over the Z axis so the motion controller does not need THC capabilities directly. ESS still hasn't integrated THC and I was under the impression that Artsoft had not configured the parallel port for THC and never will. It looks like Neuron a Mach 4 plug-in and included screenset. I wish they had a phone number listed on their site, email only which seems somewhat sketchy and googling doesn't turn up much. I haven't decided on a BoB yet but PMDX is my preferred choice.

-JRL
Bridgeport Series 1 Rigid Ram Retrofitted w/PMDX126 BOB, PMDX107, Hitachi WJ200 VFD,ESS, Leadshine DM2282 Drivers running Mach4 comfortably.
Re: Mach4 & Neuron THC
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 07:25:20 AM »
Hello Royce!
Yes, Neuron Lite work with Mach4.
Mach4 still has not Plasma profile and we use scripts for "THC wait for Motion signal" future.
One very important thing - Neuron and other THC use synchronous  with motion IO control commands like M62Px/M63Px for turn on/off automatic voltage control from cutting program. It's allow to prevent torch diving on the corners and end of cut where arc voltage rapidly increase.
I can be wrong, but as I know now only ESS (204 biuld), Parallel port plugin and HiCON motion controller (with special license) support this commands. This is just information.
--Andrew
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2019, 11:19:41 PM »
HI I have neuron thc, and can not find the plugin for mach3 or march4, and also the firmware, any idea where can I get it, I tried on its main page but there is no download for that

Thanks a lot
Sergio
CHAYCORP
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2019, 01:08:33 AM »
Hi,
THC is normally a feature offered by the motion controller as it is required to  operate in realtime.
At this time the Hicon Integra and the ESS are the only Mach4 controllers that offer realtime THC.

What motion controller are you using?

In recent months NFS has released script based THC, which while not nearly as responsive as realtime,
its still pretty good. If you open and run the Mach4 Plasma profile you will see it in all its glory. Enjoy.

Be aware of the difference between the two (realtime vs script) solutions....is not trivial.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2019, 02:03:20 AM »
HI I have neuron thc, and can not find the plugin for mach3 or march4, and also the firmware, any idea where can I get it, I tried on its main page but there is no download for that

Thanks a lot
Sergio
CHAYCORP
Hello Sergio!
New Mach4 plugin and firmware for Neuron Lite THC controller was sent on your email. Please check.
--Andrew
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2019, 02:35:15 AM »
At this time the Hicon Integra and the ESS are the only Mach4 controllers that offer realtime THC.
You right - as I know only HiCon Integra and the ESS has support for up/down mode realtime THC.
Neuron controller has been working with the Mach4 for 4 years now and this is a little different THC:).
This is a full standalone solution that offer a automatic plasma cutting process control. It's use own plugin (for communication via Ethernet port), screen and modules. Mach4 doesn't even know about torch slide (g-code file consist only XY plane motion).
Neuron directly control plasma cutter and Z axis (has a embedded motion controller for torch slide).
--Andrew
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2019, 12:19:22 PM »

Hello Sergio!
New Mach4 plugin and firmware for Neuron Lite THC controller was sent on your email. Please check.
[/quote]

Thanks for the fast response, i have a problem now, i cant ping neuron since last firmware update, any ideas? maybe ip address changed?
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2019, 02:05:11 PM »
It works great now

Turns out i had an IP issue

Thanks again for the fast reply  :)