Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:45:58 PM

Author Topic: Mach 3 ESS Smooth Stepper with Wixhc WHB04B-4 MPG Pendant  (Read 1682 times)

Mach 3 ESS Smooth Stepper with Wixhc WHB04B-4 MPG Pendant
« on: August 12, 2019, 12:30:58 PM »
I tried searching on this, but didn't find anything.  Is there ANY way to get the WHB04B-4 to control the Axis with an ESS smooth Stepper.  If not, I need to return both the Wired and Wireless versions of this controller.

Seems strange that I can't find any information on this. 

Also, if there is no way to get this configured to work with Smooth Stepper.  Can anyone suggest a similar Pendant that works great with the ESS Smooth Stepper?

Thanks. 
Re: Mach 3 ESS Smooth Stepper with Wixhc WHB04B-4 MPG Pendant
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 02:26:51 PM »
Hi,
pendants like WHB04B-4 do not 'work' with the ESS or any other motion controller directly.

Each pendant will have its own plugin within Mach. When you operate the pendant it sends signals over its USB or
wireless connection to the PC where those signals are interpreted by the plugin. That interpretation is communicated
to Mach which issues movement commands to the motion controller, in your case the ESS, and the motion controller
then moves the machine.

First question....do you have the machine and ESS setup so you can run Gcode programs properly? Until you can get
the machine to run Gcode and/or MDI and use keyboard jogging then a pendant, any pendant, could never work.

Second question.....do you have the XHC plugins for the pendant installed in the plugins folder in Mach? No plugin=no
pendant! :( XHC are notorious for not supporting their products. I avoid ALL XHC products for that reason.

I have a VistaCNC P1A pendant that I used with Mach3 then later with Mach4, and yes I use the ESS with Mach4.
The critical point is the VistaCNC supply the plugin and update it from time to time. The fact that I use an ESS is
pretty much immaterial to the pendant, it works with Mach (via its plugin), not the motion controller.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'