Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:47:19 AM

Author Topic: Do I need to shut off the spindle as part of the M6 tool change?  (Read 636 times)

Offline jevs

•  315 315
    • View Profile
Do I need to turn it off in the M6 script?
If so, how do I make sure it is stopped before it tries to release the tool and make the change?
I do not have a spindle encoder. It runs off a VFD connected to 0-10V output and CW CCW relays from the BOB.

I do not see anything in my Mach3 M6 script that did this, and I don't recall what happens or how it knew not to start the change without the spindle stopping first. I can only guess I somehow it knew to turn off the spindle and then wait a certain amount of time that would allow it to stop from it's highest RPM....it has been too long.

Offline jevs

•  315 315
    • View Profile
Re: Do I need to shut off the spindle as part of the M6 tool change?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 04:00:26 PM »
I am researching this while seeing if there is a response here. It seems like maybe I need to put in Accell and Decel times that would be enough to allow it to reach full speed or come to zero from full speed?
Maybe I can open up mach3 and find the settings in there that I used for this....

One thing I cannot find in the manual is what "Spindle Override Delay:" does.
Mine is set to 25ms, but I am not sure what this does and it does not seem to be in the manual that I have found so far.