Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:31:56 PM

Author Topic: Mach4 automatic ways oiler  (Read 2196 times)

Re: Mach4 automatic ways oiler
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2019, 08:21:48 AM »
Thanks for the reply. I just edited the names to match somewhat in English. I use the csmio controller and io so maybe that's why the coils and contacts came up blank.

The csmio has an internal diagnostics and io monitoring window. The pcm does work with that diagnostic window from the csmio. I haven't tried it with the mach4 diagnostics because I use the internal csmio window.

Hope people can figure out the program for there setup otherwise feel free to post here.

Offline mark4

•  167 167
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2019, 11:04:26 PM »
As I read one question comes to mind. how did the way oiler work to begin with. Do you have axes to an original manual that might tell you its interval or what Triggers it. On a Bridgeport knee mill the oilier was originally attached to the contactor for the spindle. I with some help wrote a program in the plc script to run the oiler timer whenever an axis is moved. Because we can do probing and that does not use the spindle. Luck
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2019, 08:45:52 PM »
my cnc knee mill ran on a mectronix card 8+ hours a day for 10 yrs, and the folk who built it had the oiler run about 8x a day for about a minute.  this is a good discussion for making the software maintain a schedule you can decide on.  but I lived with the consequences of their 8 x 1 schedule which was excessive oil on the ways and on the motors and in the coolant.  when/if I get this thing running again on either mach or uccnc, my oiler system will be set to run once a day on turn on, and if it is a programming pita, I will leave it out, mount a spring loaded button on the oiler, and hold it down for 30 sec every morning I run.  yes the ways need oil.  most of these machines here could live with an oil wipe by rag every morning.  sometimes the best way to work is k.i.s.s.   jmho, ymmv.