Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:33:29 AM

Author Topic: X move starts before Z move finishs  (Read 1779 times)

Re: X move starts before Z move finishs
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2019, 01:50:57 AM »
Thanks guys
 I installed the updated latest program  ran the CV Tolerance wizard
I had a pretty good machine before now it is transformed and truly great to use way faster much smoother 
I tested it with some previous intricate cut outs I was doing and  really was unaware these had  minor problems it is so much better and so much easier and smoother  and much faster
Thanks again WELL DONE
I have posted a few time and always been helped I believe Mach4  is a fantastic program but like all very complicated things that need to be configured to fit individual machines it is a leaning curve but having help available is a great thing and should neve be under estimated
Thanks again we are now all good
Regards Ray

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2019, 07:49:25 AM »
 :)

The CV distance tolerance wizard is one of the funnest things I have had a chance to do.

Glad it worked well for you.
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2019, 07:45:43 PM »
looking at the numbers generated you would never  do that by trial and error well not really good
I intend to have a further play with it  my router is  fairly high speed and I may have a go at  tuning the motors for faster acceleration
I assume your wizard does calcs on accel and speed and a time and distance maybe
It is nice to have the machine working at its best   the other option I have not tried yet is currently I have the tolerance set to .001"  this could be increased for most work to say .005"  I will test what difference that makes though at .001" the machine is really fast and exceeds the speed and feeds off the   tools I am using 
Thanks again Well done

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2019, 09:36:49 AM »
Well, the CV table was given so that users could truly tune their CV behavior. For that it works really well and just as intended. But it would take a lot of testing and just plain work to optimize it. Some did it but most want something that will get them a lot closer a lot faster and easier.

It just uses accel of the included axis motors to determine the worst case. This is why when designing a machine, it's good to have as much accel as possible and that all axes can run at the same accel rate without issue. Without issue being the most important part. Knowing accel you can calculate bend radius at any speed. Knowing that radius you can then calculate the max distance from corner it would be at that speed for each angle. Naturally it does not take any machine design flaws (flex, backlash, etc.) into account so again, best to eliminate those in machine design.

Most machine to a tolerance. +/- .010 for example. They want to run the path as fast as possible while staying within tolerance. That was the whole idea of the wizard. Increasing the tolerance will decrease the run time and make it smoother but keep the path within the given tolerance. Unless something (like backlash or flex) lets it exceed the tolerance.

Thanks!
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!