Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 07:24:57 PM

Author Topic: Mach 3 Parameters  (Read 1343 times)

Mach 3 Parameters
« on: July 22, 2019, 08:18:27 AM »
Hi,

I was wondering whether the Mach 3 paramters are persistent? When are they lost? Are they lost once the job is complete or are they only lost upon exiting Mach 3?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Mach 3 Parameters
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 01:46:08 AM »
Some parameters are truly persistent and saved into the .xml settings file when Mach3 is properly shut down. They are intact at the start of the next session. Some parameters are only preserved during the current session.

I do not recall ever seeing a list of which are which - perhaps the Mach3 manual may give details ?

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2019, 02:41:24 AM »
Unfortunately the manual doesn't describe this either. This is the only discussion on the topic that I managed to find:

"A Mach3 machining system maintains an array of 10,320 numerical parameters. Many of
them have specific uses. The parameter which are associated with fixtures are persistent
over time. Other parameters will be undefined when Mach3 is loaded. The parameters are
preserved when the interpreter is reset. The parameters with meanings defined by Mach3
are given in figure 10.1"

It seems the persistent parameters are the ones you talk about i.e. the ones that get saved in the .xml file. However, what is the interpreter and when is it reset? Also, the list in figure 10.1 doesn't include all the variables that are available in the system nor which ones are persistent and which ones are not.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2019, 03:24:00 AM »
However, what is the interpreter and when is it reset?

I think that is referring to the 'Reset' Button, however, there are some params. which can be reset during 'Reset' by selection in the Config / General Config page.

I know it is no answer but you are discovering some of the mysteries of Mach3  ;D

Tweakie.
PEACE