Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:48:49 AM

Author Topic: Spindle Speed Issues X2 Converted Mill C11G card  (Read 799 times)

Spindle Speed Issues X2 Converted Mill C11G card
« on: July 16, 2019, 10:47:17 AM »
I have searched and read several post regarding this issue. Most have VFD in play which I don't. I have the stock DC motor on my X2 converted mill. I created a Index sensor using a hall effect and magnet. I am using just one magnet. I get a Index reading in MACH3 and I can get my spindle to turn on using MACH. My calibration however is bad.  My first question would be can I trust the INDEX reading. I have ordered a handheld TACH to get a second opinion but it has not gotten here yet. Peter had a good write up on how he got his calibration and I understand the pulley settings and how it gets the analog voltage from that ratio. So i followed this procedure:
1. Initially let the spindle warm up for 10 minutes running at around 50%
2. Initially set the Max pulley speed to 1000rpm
3. In Mach3 set the speed to 1000rpm and measure the actual speed. (say 3145rpm)
4. Enter 3145  into the Max speed pulley setting
5. Set the speed to around 50%, say 1500rpm and measure the actual speed. It will probably be low.
6. If the actual speed is low, increase the  Max speed pulley setting and repeat steps 5 & 6 until the actual speed matches
But my speeds were higher not lower and could never get this too be correct.

any thoughts?