Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:07:32 AM

Author Topic: CNC4PC C11 plugin for Mach3  (Read 4430 times)

CNC4PC C11 plugin for Mach3
« on: July 10, 2019, 11:28:31 AM »
Attemting to configure Mach3 with an Endurance 10Watt+ Laser, a friend tells me to Select 'Plugin Control' then
Mach’s Menu->Plugin Control ->Spindle,THC & Laser Config:
I'm told to place a check next to PWM and set base Freq to 1000Hz and make sure ‘XY PWM Output’ is blank.

However I have no access to this screen, because when I select ‘Plugin Control’ all I get is a Drop down box showing  text for ‘Video Windo’

Do I need to add a Plugin ???
One step at a time!
Re: CNC4PC C11 plugin for Mach3
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 02:06:39 PM »
Hi,
the C11 is a parallel port breakout board. If you are using Machs parallel port then there is no plugin per se.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 06:31:19 PM »
OK Craig, so now what. Is my system junked ??
Where do I go from here ?
One step at a time!
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2019, 08:05:56 PM »
Hi,
no I dont think so. All the settings are on Machs configuration pages, not a plugin.

You need to probe the C11 output with a multimeter to see if it is generating and output voltage.
How are you turning the PWM on? Are you using M10/M11's ?

Craig
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2019, 05:42:37 AM »
Ok Craig, many thanks. Now I'm going to be really rude and also honest. I'm not sure about this 'port switching' thingy! I have been following a guide written by a friend in George in Ausie, a transcript is attached together with a guide that I thought he had written, in my foolishness I thought it was one and the same person, turns out not.
I have attached a PDF with some links and files, I really would like to clear things up and get this device working as it was very expensive.
To sum it up! I have Msach3 R3 043.063
Aspire 4.5
CNC4PC C11 parallel port break out board.
If at the end of the day I have to go to Warp9 ESS then so be it! for the moment I want to see if it run good with what I have.

George talks about external PWM addons I'll have a look at ESS and see if it is incorporated onto their board.

If you find time to read through George's messages I would be extremely grateful to you.
One step at a time!
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2019, 07:44:15 AM »
Hi,
cant open the link.

Tweakie is a past master at controlling a laser with Mach. To my knowledge Machs parallel port supports PWM for power
level modulation and M10/M11 for tightly synchronized on/off of the laser with axis movement.

The ESS does the same. The ESS Mach4 plugin also offers realtime laser rastering/vectoring. I'm not really sure exactly what that
means but it is apparently quite a coup that the ESS should have it.

Craig

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2019, 08:08:56 AM »
Hi George,

Which motion controller (that does not support the M11/M10 command set) are you using with your C11 breakout board ?

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2019, 01:02:03 PM »
Not sure of the question Tweekie. All I have is the C11 board.
One step at a time!
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2019, 01:45:46 PM »
No ESS used on my system Tweekie,Craig. All I have is the C11 Board.
When I bought my lase it came with a 'Laser control box' which had switches as shown in the picture attached.

The first thing I'm asked to do is connect my Breakout board to my ESS (which I don't have)

Maybe you could look at the PDF attached,as you say I may have to purchase an ESS Smoothstepper from Warp9
One step at a time!
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2019, 02:59:47 PM »
Hi,
I think Tweakie will confirm that you can do this with Machs parallel port. To use the parallel port you MUST have a PC
with Windows 7 32 bit or earlier. Any later version of Windows or any 64 bit OS and the parallel port is a DEAD DUCK.

You have a very comprehensive set of instructions predicated on the use of an ESS......if you want to be able to use those instructions
the you'll need an ESS.

Craig