Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:33:46 AM

Author Topic: The old find no XHC NcUsbpod Trouble  (Read 1767 times)

The old find no XHC NcUsbpod Trouble
« on: July 04, 2019, 12:36:55 AM »
I have a new machine I bought from China around October last year. I live in New Zealand
It shows the Find No XHC NcUsbPod status and nothing has ever worked. I have had enough trying different things updated .dll drivers reinstalled so many times the little windows laptop doesnt know which way is up.
My thinking is to replace the USB card. Ive never been stumped like this before (although I no Very little about CNC work in general).
I have referred back to the seller - hopeless after confirming that a range of files was copied over from downloads to the Mach3 directory, the chinese were lost!!
I believe all the stepper motor driver boxes are ok it uses a Nowforever spindle controller. Probably optimistic as hell name based on my experience so far.
I am not afraid to wire stuff just really want to know if there is something ive missed before I junk the USB card and go for one european based thing.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: The old find no XHC NcUsbpod Trouble
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 01:11:03 AM »
Hi Kev,

Yours is a story we have heard so many times before. Sometimes the cheap Chinese controllers work and some times they just don't.

Rather than waste more time and effort I think you should go for a US or European manufactured controller and choose Ethernet not USB.

There are a number of different controllers to choose from - I use an ESS from Warp9 (which has excellent documentation and manufacturers support) but perhaps check them all out before making a decision.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 03:15:36 AM »
Hi Kevbaby,
Tweakie is absolutely right, that Chinese controller is junk, throw it away.

I to use an Ethernet SmoothStepper (ESS) by Wapr9, highly recommended. That is not to say others like the UC300 or 57CNC are bad,
because they are in fact very good also.

Your closest supplier of an ESS is Homann Designs in Melbourne. I can also recommend his bi-directional breakout boards MB-02.
Note that these boards don't have relays, PWM to analogue nor opto-isolated inputs. If you want any or all of those you will have
to get a more sophisticated breakout board at greater cost. I've been using two of Peter Hommans boards for five years. As much
as it pains me to say so....'for an Aussie he's a bloody clever bloke!'

Where abouts in NZ? I'm live in Akaroa but work in Christchurch.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2019, 05:49:50 PM »
Hi Craig
I'm in Pukekohe and I'm going to pull the trigger on Pokeys 57 CNC controller with ethernet as advised. Would buy ESS but Aussy is out of stock.
Kevin
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2019, 10:30:35 PM »
Hi,
my fathers family hail from Pukekohe and so I spent a lot of time there as a youngster.

The Ethernet SmoothStepper has both  Mach3 and  Mach4 plugins. As it turns out so does the 57CNC.

The ESS Mach4 plugin is the most developed and complete of all the Mach4 capable controllers. If there is the
slightest chance that you will migrate to Mach4 in the future then you really want the ESS, its plugin is just that much more complete.

Peter Homman only stocks the ESS when ordered. Maybe the quickest way is to get it direct from the US. Presumably
the 57CNC will come from overseas. Both will occasion some wait, but you will have the controller (either of them, both being good) for many years,
a little extra wait now to get the right one makes sense.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2019, 11:03:07 PM »
Hi Craig
Dang that's a shame - good old Aussy drops the ball again.
Ive already ordered from USA the 57. So all going well about 2 weeks and Ill have it. Then hopefully we start turning good bits of wood into rubbish LOL.
Pukekohe is growing fast - next time you come you may need a map - hehe.
Regards
Kevin