Mach Discussion > Brains Development

Problem with Probe signal from Brain

<< < (2/3) > >>

TPS:
so if you are using an external Motion Controller (ESS) i am pretty sure (i know definitely from CSMIO) that
the "real" probing (G31) is handled on the Motion Controller.

IMHO you have no Chance (i had no Chance on the CSMIO) to "manupilate" probe Input via brain.

the only way, in my case, was to modify my probes by external Hardware to be NO contact's  to wire them
parallel.

drobertson123:
I was worried about that.

There are some LM339 quad comparators in my parts kit. It shouldn't be too hard to make a basic multiplexer from that. If that fails it will be on to Mach4 or something else. Having only one probe input is extremely frustrating.

As an alternate idea. Is there any way to switch the active Port and Pin settings for the probe using a macro? I could just do that with a button on the screen if I needed to.

TPS:

--- Quote from: drobertson123 on July 02, 2019, 03:46:14 PM ---As an alternate idea. Is there any way to switch the active Port and Pin settings for the probe using a macro? I could just do that with a button on the screen if I needed to.

--- End quote ---

i was looking for a possibility to modify pot&pin Setting via VBScript, but had no succes, witch does not mean there
is None.

MN300:
The NO and NC switch contacts could be ORed into one signal with an NPN transistor and a two resistors.
The NC input is inverted so the output is NO for either input.
The resistor values are not critical and there are many small signal NPN transistors that would work in the circuit.

drobertson123:
Wow, thanks for that. You design is simpler than mine and I have the parts right here in my project box.

I was using an LM339 Comparator for the same concept. It would have worked but your circuit is simpler and easier to do.

One quick clarification of your design. I assume that the other side of the NO and NC switches are going to V+?

Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version