Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 12:07:41 PM

Author Topic: 3040 CNC Router (USB) - Struggling with drivers  (Read 2819 times)

3040 CNC Router (USB) - Struggling with drivers
« on: June 14, 2019, 08:12:49 AM »
I bought the following:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/FORAVER-Machine-300x400mm-Control-Engraving/dp/B07RY7S3RQ/ref=sr_1_3?crid=24QRSWE2ZKWDM&keywords=cnc%2B3040%2B4%2Baxis&qid=1559044873&s=gateway&sprefix=3040%2BCNC%2B4%2Baxis%2Caps%2C164&sr=8-3&th=1

I'm new to this - but my expectations were that everything I received should just work.

Is Mach3 usable via USB with what equipment I have...

I get an error message that says Driver Test failed - and I can't even open the Mach3 software.

Also the emergency start/stop button and spindle adjustment doesn't seem to work. I'm not sure if these are driven by software though. Should I be concerned?

Any help/comments would be appreicated.

Ta

Wayne
Re: 3040 CNC Router (USB) - Struggling with drivers
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 02:29:13 PM »
Hi,
this post should be on the main Mach3 Discussion board, I imagine Tweakie will shift it.

I get an error message that says Driver Test failed

DriverTest.exe is a program to test Machs Parallel port driver, you don't need it, you have an external USB connected
motion controller. If your PC has a 64 bit OS then you cant even install Machs parallel port driver let alone run DriverTest.exe

- and I can't even open the Mach3 software.

That more of a concern. Mach3 should open and run even if the USB controller is not plugged in.

If you do any sort of reading on the forum you will soon see that cheap Chinese electronics that accompany machines
such as yours are problematic at best. Simple USB external controllers like the UC100 and 57CNCdb25 have many thousands
of satisfied users and Ethernet connected controllers like the Ethernet SmoothStepper and UC300 have even more.
US and European controller brands are well supported and actually do what they are supposed to.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'