Mach Discussion > Mach Screens

Screenset 2010 M3 not setting output

(1/1)

mariusl:
Hi
I am having problems where the M3 command does not set any output on Mach3. Sometimes it will work first time and always and other times it will do nothing. Not when I use the Spindle icon or a MDI command.
If I enter a spindle speed manually it shows -1  and then does not start obviously.

If I go into the setup and change nothing but use apply, it will switch the spindle on when the M3 is issued.

ger21:
Is it not starting because the speed is 0? How are you manually setting the speed. You should use S### in MDI to manually set the speed.

--- Quote ---Not when I use the Spindle icon or a MDI command.
--- End quote ---

Does this mean it works with the button or MDI, or it doesn't work?

If it didn't work at all, I would guess a corrupt M3.m1s file. Some people seem to get this issue a lot.
But because it's random, I don't think so

mariusl:
Hi Gerry
The whole process is rather random and I am having a hard time to figure out what the correct sequence might be.
If I try and set the speed in the spindle speed box at startup it does not take it but the speed will change when I use the MDI S*********x.

I have the M3 set at output one and M4 at output 2. Sometimes the gcode (m3) will cause the spindle to turn CCW and sometimes it will turn CW. Now I have output one for both CCW and CW and then it will turn CW always.

It would seem that if I start a gcode file from scratch without any manual intervention it works mostly but if I try and run from line, it does not set any output even if I selected the spindle to be started. The icon comes on but no output.

If the speed was set with S********* and I click the M3 icon, it does not always start.

Not very sure of exactly how it works (or not) but this is as far as I can gather. If you want me to look at anything specific or any sequence, let me know what to test.

ger21:
I would take a good look at  your wiring, and electronics. The only issue I've seen with Mach3 is that the spindle will not start at all. I don't think it's a software issue.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version