Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 05:45:04 AM

Author Topic: X axis goes to Negative Values when going to RHS  (Read 1632 times)

Offline AD

•  8 8
    • View Profile
X axis goes to Negative Values when going to RHS
« on: June 11, 2019, 07:55:05 AM »
On my newly setup cnc my axes are moving fine, however for X axis my digital readout in Mach3 is showing negative values when my spindle is moving from left to right. meaning my 0 is at the most left edge of the table and instead of going to positive it goes into negative X direction and readings are negative.
My Controller is Stb5100, Motor Driver Tb6600. using laptop/usb..
I tried all combinations of different limit switch locations on LH/RH, Close/Far end along with changing Homing Directions to support that. I just cannot get a normal coordinate system: X axis to go to X+ when moving to the RHS, Y axis to go to Y+ going away from me and Z axis to go from Highest Position Zero towards Z- when going negative.

Many thanks in advance!

Offline AD

•  8 8
    • View Profile
Re: X axis goes to Negative Values when going to RHS
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 10:06:05 AM »
OK.. could not find a solution on this forum but on Google search - which brought me back to this forum!

In another article I lost track of, Tweakie's solution was to change X and Z status in Ports/Pins, Motor Outputs from Low Active to Hi Active (unchecked Low Active on these two axes..)

Thank you a bundle Tweakie!! I was banging my head for the last few days and could not get around this issue..Solved the problem completely..

Cheers

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 10:38:39 AM »
 :)
PEACE
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 11:49:01 AM »
 :) Super Kitty rides again ! :)